Badlands packs

Trone

Just curious What your guys opinions are on these packs. Everyhting I have heard about them is good. Do they make a pack that is not extremely bulky, but can still carry quarters of deer without getting your gear all dirty? Thanks for the input.

Just got back from my first back packing trip. I borrowed the badlands 4500 from a friend of mine. Filled it to the brim, adding up to about 40 lbs. Hiked 12 miles with it and was amazed! It was extremely comfortable and easy to carry. I tried on some of my friends packs and they sucked compared to this pack. My friend I borrowed it from said it has a life time warranty on it so don't worry about hurting it. I don't think I could of if I wanted too. It was an awesome pack.

I would definently go Badlands.

I have the 2800 split pack. Awesome pack. It's a great day pack, plus can haul out some heavey loads. I actually packed out my moose and caribou with it in Alaska this year. I bought a Bull Pac for hauling meat, but never needed it. My heaviest packs were probably around 70 lbs. and the pack worked great.

4500 here, tough, bulky, very technical, but tough, can pack a load for sure, would research others before buying though...........good luck

I have the hypervent and love it. You don't even feel its there. If I was planning on carrying quarters with it though, I would suggest the 2800 split pack.

The 2800 makes a pretty good day pack and you can throw a quarter on it real easy. Really have to cram for an overnighter, though.

---------------------------------------
This is my post

I've just pissed in my pants.......and nobody can do anything about it.

I have a friend who hunts for three days out of his 2800. I have hauled two deer out with mine and it has performed very well.

Thanks to everybody for your input. I was pretty sure that I was going to get a Badlands pack now I just need to find the one that fits me best. Thanks again.

>I have a friend who hunts
>for three days out of
>his 2800. I have hauled
>two deer out with mine
>and it has performed very
>well.

I hunt out of a backpack in November; early season you might be able to carry enough gear, but late season you need to carry more clothing than a 2800 can carry.

---------------------------------------
This is my post

I've just pissed in my pants.......and nobody can do anything about it.

I use the Badlands 2200. I only use it for a day pack. It has enough storage for my Cabelas Silent Suede pants and jacket and all my survival toys and food/water. With room to spare. The waist and sternum straps are really nice.

I use my pack for a shooting rest, and it tends to lean inward. So if you use it for a rest be mindful of that. I'm sure modifications could be made to correct it.

You can also lean against it when you sit down, kind of like the back of a chair.

The only beef I have with it is that the shoulder strap just about rubbed a hole in my trap/neck muscles. It could be an adjustment issue though. Other than that, its awesome and I will be using it for a long long time.

-Dave

>I use the Badlands 2200. I
>only use it for a
>day pack. It has enough
>storage for my Cabelas Silent
>Suede pants and jacket and
>all my survival toys and
>food/water. With room to spare.
>The waist and sternum straps
>are really nice.
>
>I use my pack for a
>shooting rest, and it tends
>to lean inward. So if
>you use it for a
>rest be mindful of that.
>I'm sure modifications could be
>made to correct it.
>
>You can also lean against it
>when you sit down, kind
>of like the back of
>a chair.
>
>The only beef I have with
>it is that the shoulder
>strap just about rubbed a
>hole in my trap/neck muscles.
>It could be an adjustment
>issue though. Other than that,
>its awesome and I will
>be using it for a
>long long time.
>
>-Dave

That is deffinately an adjustment issue. They are very adjustable.

I took a BL 2200 and an Eberlestock j-104 on a muley hunt this last week. I used the 2200 for a day pack and the j-104 to pack in a 3 day spike camp 6 miles in and 6 miles out. I really like d both of these packs. After my 3 day spike camp I put the 2200 on for a day trip and broke the waist buckle( too flimsy IMO )and had to replace them with my 104's waist buckle. That being said I packed out my whole quartered deer in one trip with the 2200. I really like the fit of the 104 but I like the size of the 2200. They are both awesome packs ( the 2200's buckles need to be beefed up ) The 104 has more room for your spike camp and the 2200 is not as bulky. Couldn't go wrong with either pack. Just depends on your needs.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-07 AT 01:56PM (MST)[p]Ironhead,Take your pack back to badlands and they will fix for free, no questions asked.

I just ordered the 2800. I look forward to trying it out this year.

"Easy now, keep the croshairs right behind his shoulder & squeeze the trigger"

LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-08 AT 09:47PM (MST)[p]Trone,

Badlands is one of a few companies that make good/excellent hunting packs. The 2800 is a very versatile pack: day pack, easily carry a quarter of a deer along with packing a camp. If a person can not pack in for at least three (3) days with this pack, longer if two people are going (shared equipment), then you are bringing to much. The one thing to remember is proper torso length/fit. This is over looked by many hunters and should be as important as features. A correct fit makes alot of difference when hauling long distances and/or heavey loads. I hate to say it, but not to many places that carry the hunting packs such as Eberlestock, Badlands etc., have people working there that know much, if anything, about fitting packs.

Well i dont really like them... i used one last year when i killed my elk and it killed me and not just that the meat i had in the pack spoiled.. there was no air flow to it.. it is inside the pack. And all the other guys that helped me pack my elk out had horn hunter packs and all that meat was fine.. and when i wore that pack it was so nice to wear i could pack twice the weight on a horn hunter pack.. So if i were u i would look into horn hunters packs they are the best out of all the packs out there.. try one for your self u will love... i changed from a badlands to a horn huner real FAST!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom