Badlands Packs

R

Ridge_Runner

I am looking into a midsize pack for daytrips and and the ocassional overnighter and have had some good feedback on the Badlands packs. I have looked at the Kifarusand like there gun carrying system but the pack i am leaning towards is the Badlands 2800 split pack. it sounds as if it ids a good pack with a lifetime warranty also. The problem is I am currently in the Middle East and there is nowhere that I can look at one physically. Have any of you had a look at the 2800 split pack and if so I would like some of your feedback.

Happy trails

Ridge Runner

Ridge: I bought a badlands about 6 months ago and love it. I didnt get the one you are talking about, I got the bowhunting one that doesnt have a zipper for the main pouch but a fold over idea for quieter opening/closing. I also have the Kifaru and it is too big for day hunts, its more a packframe for packing in and its nice just doesnt fit the day to day hunting size I wanted. I liked the split pack idea where your spotter could go in the one side and tripod on the other. The warranty cant be beat and I love the pack so far. I have used it hunting for elk, muleys and coues so far this year and it holds enough for two bino's water, first aid etc and I can pack out about 60 lbs extra of cape/meat........... Allen Taylor......

Allen Thanks for the info. i'm pretty sold on the badlands just trying to figure out which one would best be suited for the task. I don't think that the 2800 split pack would be to big do you? Is the one you have the 2000? Have you seen the 2800?

Happy trails

Ridge Runner

I've used a Badlands pack for the past two seasons. They're great packs and they have fantastic service. I'm not too impressed with their new designs tho..
Wes

Screw the whales, save the Cowboy!

I have 2 badlands packs now, a fanny type pack and the 2200. I would recommend the 2200 over the 2800. I went into the store with the intention of buying the 2800, and walked out with the 2200. It seems to have just as much usable space, it fit me better, it cost less, and it seemed like a better design to me. I bought the pack for mostly muley and elk hunting with long hikes in mind. There is plenty of room for gear and I would push you toward the 2200.

dryflyelk. That is what I intend for my usage also.Does the 2200 have an internal frame system? And you are right it does look like a good fitting pack from what I can tell from the website. Thanks for the input.

Happy trails

Ridge Runner

I believe mine is the 2200 and it is not internal pack frame. I figured this would do for all around day/two day hunts and I have the kifaru for longer hauls. PW just bought the internal frame and says he loves it. I thought the 2800 was too big......either way I dont think you can go wrong with the quality and warranty......... Allen Taylor......

RE: where are you at?

Hey, what are you doing over there? Sorry I missed your calls I can't find your number where I though I put it. Try calling me again.

Ridge-Runner,
I have the old style 2800 and it is great. Do not like the new style 2800 with the fly's. I think that the 2200 is the best suited for mule deer and elk hunting, it is capable of packing an elk quarter. Will buy a 2200 in te next few weeks.
I have an in on some great prices that will not hit the streets if you decide which pack you want. Happy to help those overseas.
I live in Ogden, Utah and only 20 minutes from where these packs are manufactured.
Will need to know by 1/10/03 if you want a goodprice.
Send me a private message if you want to talk.
Thanks, Alan

I have an older 2800. They sent me the new split style first and I did not like it at all. I returned it and they had 1 older 2800 which they sent me. Sometimes I wish it was a little bit bigger but they dont make a bigger model other than the 4500 and I think that would be too big. The split style didn't have 1 large internal pocket which is what I wanted. The 2 split pockets were not big enough for what I cram in to my pack (range finder, spotting scope, tripod sometimes, video camera sometimes, digital camera, binos sometimes as well as all the other regular pack stuff) and I didn't want to deal with wrapping all my stuff up and worry about it falling out on me. It is an awesome pack though and I am sure the 2800 split was good but not for me.

Bret M.

bullwidgeon. Thanks for that. The more I hear the more I,m leaning towards the 2200 pack. Sounds like it has about the same area as the the 2800 plus fits and rides a bit better and is not as big as the 2800. Thanks for all the info.

Happy Trails

Ridge Runner

Ridge,
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I've been away from the comp for a few days. Looks like the other guys answered your question. The pack does not have the internal frame. I looked at all the packs, from kifaru to whatever. For my purposes, the Badlands 2200 is perfect, and it sounds like it is best for you as well. The new 2800 is just too bulky and not a lot more usable space. The suspension system works well and the hydration capabilites is a real bonus. You cant beat the warranty Badlands packs have. I'm sure you will be happy with the 2200. Make sure you get the correct size, as they come in small, med and large.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom