Banff National Park

songdog

Greetings everyone,

My wife and I have scheduled a trip to Banff National Park in mid-September and would like to hear any suggestions, recommendations, and advice of things to do for our first trip there. I can't wait to see my wife's reaction to seeing and hearing a big ol' stinky bull elk bugling and herding cows at the golf course up there! Will probably take a trip to Jasper NP and Lake Louise as well since we'll be up there for 7 days. We'll be flying into Calgary and stay there for a day or so and would also like to know some interesting things to do in Calgary eh...

Many thanks in advance!!!

Make sure you go to Lake Louise.If you can afford to stay at the hotel, I'd do it. That is a cool old hotel and the lakeside views are really amazing.

I will second going to Lake Louise. If you want to take a morning you should hike up the trail by Lake Louise to the Mountain Yurt/Cafe up there. The lunches are pretty good, but you don't have to do that if you don't want to. There are a bunch of snow fields and glaciers that come together at the top of the canyon. It is really cool to see.

Also need to up Jasper, there is a waterfall that is only about a half mile walk in, just off the highway. As you walk in they have signs that point to all the peaks that are over 10,000 feet high. I think there are 8 peaks visible from that water fall. Plus there is this cool rainbow that is always shooting off the waterfall. Wish someone would have been there to take a picture of both me and the wife.

We were only there for a few days, and it is a trip we really want to make again!

1127img_2538.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-11-12 AT 10:44PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-11-12 AT 10:43?PM (MST)

I heard a lot about Lake Louise, but never get change to go there, I am planning to go this September with friend. Hope to get nice experience.

[a href="http://www.bestgraniteforless.com"]granite west palm beach[/a]

Lake Louise for sure... If you can, take a canoe ride out on the lake. I did it with my sisters... The water color will blow you away. Just becareful cuz its freezing and you dont want to get wet...

Have fun. I'd love to go back. Take the Gondola ride too... There's a boardwalk and restaurant at the top if I remember right. And there were big horn at about 4 feet up there just hangin out. Pretty sweet.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom