Barbary Sheep

wymoosehunter

Well, with most all the draws over and me doing my usual (no tags), I am looking to expand my horizons. Maybe someday I will draw a bighorn sheep tag. But for now, it looks like if I'm gonna hunt sheep, it will be Barbary.
I have been following the NM MM pages for a long time now as it pertains to Barbary sheep. It sounds like a tough hunt, especially when you don't live anywhere close to it. I am trying to figure out regulations and it looks like the only over the counter tags are for private ground. Based solely on what I have read on here, Units 29 and 30 look like the only viable options for having a reasonable chance of success.
Does anyone know if someone offers a DIY hunt on private ground in a decent area with a minimal trespass fee? I really can't afford a guided hunt and this will probably be the only way I can try this. Too late for this year, but I am also interested in learning more about the public lands hunts in Unit 29 and 30 and will consider applying in the next go-round.
Willing to reciprocate with info for Wyoming or even to trade hunt(s) for deer (really hard to draw a good unit), antelope (much easier draw) and general elk in the western part of the state (grizzly or no grizzly area-your choice).
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
WyMo

Wymo, unfortunately any quality private land Barbary hunt is gonna be in the 2K to 4K range.

Few quality properties will let you go hunt it for a cheap trespass fee.

You would have better luck going to TX for something like that, and even then they are finding out there is good money in Barbary sheep.

Barbary Sheep used to be known as the "Poor Mans Bighorn" ,but, I think those days are gone.

The draw tags are not hard to draw and with a few trips out here you could most likely find yourself some decent spots.

Public land Barbary hunting is very tough, but, possible.

Private land Barbary hunting in NM will cost you $$$.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom