Barbary's In 29 and 30

SageHunter29

Hey guys any info on these units for Barbary we drew and will be making the trek from Northern Utah down to S. New Mexico here in Febuary. Any places I should pay special attention to and would I be able to drag a camp trailer up the mountain? What kind of temps will we be dealing with? Thanks Guys
Colton

Find the closest contour line's on your map...and go there. Both of my prime areas were burnt as well so i have no idea where I'll be. The difference is I'll have some time to scout and check it out. Temps are usually 10-20's at night...max of 50's usually in the day. But expect WIND! It will be blowing...20 mph at least. The main roads around the Guadalupe Rim are camp trailer friendly. Every side road is rough...I wouldn't drag a camp trailer too far of the roads.

If you want a little more info, send me a PM. Not guaranteeing an honey holes, but will definitely give you some pointers.

I've hunted there a few years and seen it in the 70's to 20's, sunny to a foot of snow, and almost always windy. Do some homework with google maps and a topo map and you'll find a good place to start.

I've hunted in both these units and been sunburned, rained on, sleeted on and snowed on all in the same day.

Its usually not too bad, but always windy.........

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom