Barnes tsx in 300wsm

brubo

has anyone loaded the tsx in 300 wsm or any other 30 cal. will be hunting in the calif. condor range. some say lighter bullet can be used (130 grn.) but needs light crimp. not used to paying this much for bullets. thanks

I've loaded them in several 30 cal's, but never the WSM. i use 180's in my 30's, they work if thats what your asking.

They work great, you could shoot one weight down from what you normally would if for some reason you wanted to.

Anything less than 150 in 30 cal would be worthless in my opinion, it just doesn't make sense.

I shoot 168 TTSX's in my 300 WSM. It took a little experimenting, but finally got it dialed in with IMR 4831.

Don P

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-09 AT 10:53PM (MST)[p]I have been using Barnes TSX bullets in my 300 WM and 264 the past year and a half or so and the bullets work well with both rifles.

I took a small bull elk last year right at 100yds with the bullet entering just behind left front leg then took out a bunch of stuff while working its way through the right front shoulder bone where the hide stopped it. Bullet performed as advertised and bull dropped where he was. Did not clean the bullet, but it weighed just over 180gr in my scale when I returned home. Switched to the Tipped TSX's now to try and gain a bit more accuracy at further distances, but expect the performance will be the same.

Due to the lack of weight loss as the bullet does its job, its been said that you can use a bit lighter bullet than you usually do and achieve the same performance. If you are used to using 180's then you could step down to a 165, but I like the 180's so I'll stick with them.

264X300

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom