Barns T-EZs

ElkSniper

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-11 AT 04:29PM (MST)[p]What do you guys think about the Barns T-ez flat base bullet for elk?

If any of you guys have messed with these bullets please let me know what you think of them. We Will be going out to shoot them this weekend before my elk hunt thats in a few weeks.

Our family has shot two elk in Utah with these bullets in 250 gr. bullets. They have performed perfectly on both elk, one was 130 yards and the other was 8 yards. We have another LE tag that starts in a week and that is the bullet that we will be using as well. I don't think tha you can go wrong with these bullets.

See my post with the subject "Hornady vs Barnes" a bit lower in the thread as several people gave the nod to the Barnes. I'll be shooting the 295 TEZ's on my Utah hunt next week. I hope to be "testing" them! They basically shot and loaded similarly for me.

I love them! They are a great bullet.

Hope to connect with a bull this weekend with them.

Good Luck to you too.

Shot some 250 TEZs yesterday they shoot like a dream. I also shot some 250 TMZs they shot even better but were really really hard to load. I'm going to use the TEZs on my hunt. Good luck.

We killed 3 bulls using the T-EZ 290gr in NM. They expanded great and 2 out of the 3 bull dropped within 60yds. The 3rd bull didn't go much further. Can't go wrong!

BC

I am also a big supporter of the Barnes T-EZs. I have used the 250 gr for a couple years on whitetails, and went to the 290 gr this year in preparation for my NM elk hunt. I shot a nice 5x5 at 150 yds right thru the shoulder, he staggered about 25 yds and that he was done. My friend also shot a 5X5 using the 250 gr, a double lung shot from 170 yds, he ran maybe 60-75 yds. Both bullets performed well on elk.

The very best bullet for MZL is the Barnes MZ Expander, 250 gr or the 300 for larger game, used to be called a Red Hot by Knight, with an EZ load sabot. You cannot get that bullet with that sabot any longer, it is the same sabot that is sold on the Barnes Spit Fire T-EZ. The MZ Expander is not to be confused with the Barnes Spit Fire MZ Expander. The Original MZ Expander by Barnes is considered by Hodgen the maker of Pyrodex, Triple 7 and Goex Black Powder as the very best bullet ever made as far as accuracy and expansion for the slower velocities of the MZL.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-12 AT 10:38PM (MST)[p]+1 to Chiefs.

My Dad shot his elk with the 300 gr. Barnes MZ Expander at 60 yards. The elk only went 10 yards. Neither him, the guide with us or myself had seen an elk bleed out so quickly from a MZL shot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom