Barrel De-Resonators

GoatT

Just wondering if anyone has used a Barrel De-Resonator on their rifles and if they really do what they say? If so, do you lioke them? Are they worth the cost? How much of a difference do they really make if any? I am considering putting one on my rifle to help in recoil.

Thanks for any input! :)

Goat. I know a guy who tested the effects of one on his rifle. What he found was that it did actually help shrink his group. The problem was that it had to be at a certain spot on his barrel. Keeping the de resonator in that spot while hiking or hunting would be the hard part. I think you could acheive the same results by bedding the rifle. Good luck!

They Work!
After I had my 300 wby glass bedded, I "tuned" my barrel with a de-resonator, and my groups went from 1 1/4 to 4/10ths @100 yds. (machine shot, computer measured)
I say "tuned", because you have to move them on your barrel until you find the sweet spot. Note: adding a muzzle break will change the harmonics of your barrel, and the de-resonator will have to be moved to account for this.

I would have never believed they could have such a positive effect on grouping if I had not been there when that first one was installed. I now have them on all my big game rifles. (My kids' too)

Keeping the de-resonator in the same spot is not an issue. Once it is on your barrel, you have to work it over pretty good to get it to move.

It would definitely be the FIRST thing I tried if I wanted to get tighter groups.
------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah, I'll shoot him"

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-10 AT 07:37AM (MST)[p] I HAVE ONE ON ALL MY RIFLES NOW.....THEY MAKE IT EASIER TO GET GOOD GROUPS.......AND TIGHTENED THEM UP ALSO. THE SIMS VIBRATION LABORATORIES PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THEIR DOING......YD.

I need to get one to cover the bulge in my barrel, after I get the bullets out that is.

I hope they work as good as you say!

Here is another vote that they work GREAT! With them (I put on two), I'm getting groups of 3 inches and less....at 400 yards.

They do NOT move (once in place) and......odd side benefit....provide a padded spot when you lean your rifle against a rock while making a backcountry climb.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

HEHEHE
Funny you say that GB...
Thats EXACTLY what I do!
Too funny. I thought I was the only worrying about the blueing on my hunting rifle...
HEHEHE
------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah, I'll shoot him"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom