Barrett-Jackson starts today

eelgrass

Long Time Member
The best car auction in America. I think this auction alone is responsible for the high prices (maybe overpriced?) we see today for old cars. But I still like to watch. And wish!

It's on the Speed Channel all week. Who's watching?

Eel

Rut, run it across the auction block. You might be surprised!:)

How is your goose season going? Gearing up for Snows?

Eel

Out of the 3200 1967 red bigblock stringrays made, 3900 of them are for sale at BJ.

JB

Went out the other day and there was about 10000 of them sitting on a pond. That was the day it froze hard. I jumped them and I guess the lake had froze around their feet they took off with the pond. And never came back. I havent been out since Dec. End of Feb for the snows or early March.
How about urin? You been out yet?? Good luck at it! I want to see some pics.
Rut

I think you're right Barrett-Jackson has had more to do with the muscle car market than anything else. I love watching it but it makes me wish I had back the cars I let go when I was a kid , I still have my AMX and Challenger and that may have to do it at todays prices. I still want a '66 or '67 GTO but I won't be looking at B-J.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-07 AT 10:16PM (MST)[p]I don't get the Speed Channel but those of you that do watch, if you see a 1932 75th Anniversary Ford Roadster that is painted Silver over Black and has a 4.6 Ford Four-Cam V-8 all chromed with Aluminum Stacks with the EFI, it is suppose to be Auctioned off to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

It was built by Hot Rods & HorsePower and is hoping to go for more than they took in last year, which was $129,000.00

It is a truely beautiful built 1932 Roadster. If you see what it goes for, I would like to know, so please post the cost. I have a few people who don't think it can sell for that much but I keep telling them, it will at BJ in AZ.
Brian
45adb09b3b9843e2.jpg

Good 'ole B-J!!!
They keep bumping up the value of my '69 chevelle!(like I'd ever sell it... first car, bought when I was 17.)

>Out of the 3200 1967 red
>bigblock stringrays made, 3900 of
>them are for sale at
>BJ.
>
>JB

here's mine
45b171e155e644d2.jpg

Chef is going today. He'll have to give us an update. It is amazing how the values have gone up in the last few years.

Hello there Gents!

It's nice to be back. I've had a hectic month to say the least and now the 'puter is also back up and running with an internet connection!

Well, I was at Barrett yesterday. We were invited by our friend and were treated pretty good in his skybox and all. Free food and drink as well and best of all, no cover!

This was my first time there and I have to say, it is freaking INCREDIBLE. If anyone likes cars, older cars, muscle cars, horsepower, or anything of the like, I recommend going sometime.

These cars are impeccable to say the very least. These high dollar muscle cars with frame off restorations are to die for. They are literraly better than when they were new. The paint is flawless and you can see a lot of what you can't on TV.

Then there were the vendors. High dollar everything. I asked one of the fur coat companies how they were doing and they say they sell the most that week than they do the rest of the year. People dropping coin like it is going out of style.

Ford had a huge display and Shelby was there. There was also a Mustang demo where there was a burn out and drifting display. It was unbelievable. Puts a smile on your face everytime.

I can't beleieve there are so many rich dudes out there dropping this kind of cash, on these sorts of things. In my opinion, a lot of cars are WAY overpriced but that is what Barrett is good at. From the auctioneers to the camera in the bidders face, they know how to get the bidders going. Roush was even signing a car of his design to get the bid higher. It was fun to watch.

Our friend bought a muscle car earlier in the week and sold it later in the auction for a profit as well. Damn I wish I could play that game! A '69 Super Bee, which ironically is the same car my Pops owned back in the day.

Sorry guys, no pics. I didn't take my camera as I thought they were not allowed. It's video they restricted after all. Next time!

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-07 AT 01:28PM (MST)[p]Chef! Good to hear from you! I would love to go sometime.

I saw last night that Carrol Shelby's own 1966 Cobra (Supersnake, one of two and the other one was destroyed) sold for $5,000,000. A new BJ record.

To be there in person would ROCK! You lucky guy!

I almost forgot. The seller pays an 8% commission and the buyer pays a 10% commission to BJ. So who's getting rich?

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom