Basspro Idiot's

bigwop69

Just gotta vent. went to basspro today and looked at the swarovski Z6. the guy who helped me told me that i could use the parallax adjustment to dial it up to my yardage and kill deer at 1000 yards. i just looked at him and handed the scope back and walked away. If you sell things please know a little about them. This was Atlanta, so guys be glad if you have a cabelas or The Outdoorsmans near you. I love optics so maybe i am being an ass!

That is not limited to BassPro. I have had that same thing happen at Cabelas and a small "speciality" shop in my area. Idiots come in all shapes and sizes and work in all places. Just look at our government.

just the lack of product knowledge kills me. many times i have went in basspro to look at high end optics, i go back to Swarovski because that is what i have. one guy said "I wouldn't pay that much for the new EL's" another guy said "padlock your wallet if you look at the SLC's." I know what they cost. Those selling tactics scare people away.

I stopped in at Cabelas yesterday to have a peak through the 10X42 Leica Ultravids. I asked the salesman if I could compare them to the Swarovski HD?s in which he hands me an 8X42, which was fine. I then asked him if he had any Swarovski SLC HD 10X42. When he pulled out the 10X42 SLC WB I informed him that they were the old version of the SLC?s. He promptly informed that they are not the older ones because he just pulled them out of the box earlier that day. It's not just an east coast thing. They all have their winners and losers.

400bull

Brilliant!.......Who is the idiot here?

You, who are potentially able to afford Swaro's, are concerned and "scared off", by a guy making minimum wage?

Seriously? If you don't have the intelligence to research the specifics on an item, in that price range....before you go to any big box store, you sir, are the idiot!

This site just kills me! There is always someone who has a totally different veiw than everyone else. Oh yea I agree with the majotity. Minimum wage or not, It's your job to know what your selling and if you don't know just say so. You don't have to make up a BS story because the sales person. I won't even call anyone an idiot here, this site is much to sensitive!!

Clearly, none of you "smart guys", went there to buy a dictionary.

Pretty funny how you can rag on someones product knowledge......while using 6th grade spelling and grammar skills.

Those "idiots" you are referring to, would cut you retards to ribbons in a Spelling Bee!

Relax! If you don't expect too much from other people, they won't disappoint you so often.

>
> Relax! If you don't expect
>too much from other people,
>they won't disappoint you so
>often.

Words of wisdom.

nickman,

i know what i am in for when i go to any big box store (home depot, basspro, cabelas, etc. If you don't know the answer just say i don't know. My issue is when I don't ask a question and you just come up with a story that is totally false like what he said about the parallax adjustment. I don't care what you make, if you are a "salesman" for anything from guns to gumdrops you should know a little about the product!

i do research anything I buy, but someone else might purchase a scope with a parallax dial and think it is the elevation dial based on what he said.

I got a chuckle or two out of this MM's response to a question about the .270 Win as a Elk cartridge.

"I use a 270 with 150 gr whatever is cheapest to shoot. Gets the job done. That was the gun of choice back in the day before the 30-06 came over from the military. I would almost guess there has been more elk killed with a 270 than any other gun."

LOL, i figured right off that he must work at Bass pro!! :)

Joey

No Joey, just one of our "armchair firearms experts" handling out advice to us idiots who happen to know that the 30-06 is the parent case of the 270 and more elk killed with the 06.

Maybe he could get a job with Wal-Mart. No, I take that back, Wal-Mart has a history of hiring senior citizens who know more then most young whipper snappers.

Watch the fur fly now!

RELH

I worked at a sporting goods store right out of high school. This store sold guns which I dident know much about, other than my own. My boss told me to never try to bull@!$% my way through a sale. He said to ask the customers about the guns they were looking at. Great advice. Gun freaks, as most of you know love to talk about guns. Man did I learn alot, and the customers seemed to really appriciate that. And I sold a crap load of guns!

RELH, Yep!

Big stores are great for trying lots of guns, lots of different makes and styles, to see how well they seem to fit and for the eye appeal that goes along with the shopping. Unless there is a big sale on a particular item i want where i can pick thru several of such to pick the exact one i want, i'll buy from the more informed and smaller, Mom & Pop stores or the guy down the street working out of his garage with a current FFL.

Joey

gazelle;

You had a business wise boss and you were intelligent enough to follow his advice. By the time you were 22 years old you probably had enough firearm knowledge to put your peers to shame.

RELH

Yes this trend is very irritating. I was in Costco yesterday and went up and down both TV aisles comparing picture quality without looking at the brand names. Sony and Samsung clearly had the best picture quality to my eye almost every time.

Yet here comes a kid working in electronics basically dissing my opinion and acting very condescending. I finally asked him if he thought it was a good sales strategy to argue with his customers? Or is it more important for you to make a point than a sale? He got a funny look on his face and went away.

I went home and looked at my brand new Consumer Reports magazine which just happened to have an article rating TVs.The two almost always at or near the top? Sony and Samsung. My new Sony from Amazon will be here Wednesday.

I personally feel if you take a job as a salesman you should spend the time to learn your product. I think if you know your product and your competitors product whatever it may be you stand a better chance of making a sale. I mean just knowing the facts about the product not the here say or your buddies oppinions. Lay the facts out for your customer, help him make an informed decision. Before he spends his/her money wether it be $1.00 or $1,000.00 I think honesty as in any situation is the best policy. I see alot of this at my job. I work for an auto dealership and have heard some interesting stuff. Just my take on the deal.

I worked in sporting goods sales when I was young. I was always keeping up on the new stuff and felt like I had good knowledge of what I was selling. A couple of the other guys that worked with me...were, umm...complete IDIOTS! I would listen to the BS lines they would give about this gun or that gun. A couple of times I just butted in and took over the sale (not a commission job). Seriously..maybe 3 or 4 out of 10 guys know what they are talking about(sales guys)..the others just think they do. I always do reserch on what I'm wanting to buy...you never know if your going to get someone who knows his butt from a hole in the ground.

Josh

Josh said, "....you never know if your going to get someone who knows his butt from a hole in the ground."

Yeah, but you can usually find out in about 30 seconds!

That's why it always cracks me up when a guy bases his debate on info that he was told at the super store. I guess it's a case of "what do we expect from a guy making $10. hr?" At least they speak our lingo! Buyer beware!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom