BC Ol' Timer Hunting Pics

BCBOY

Long Time Member
A few years ago, at my wife's grandparent's 60th aniversery, I asked one of my wife's aunts if she had any ol' time hunting and fishing pictures from the family. She said she would look and I never thought much about it until we received a CD in the mail the other day. It is awesome to have these pics that show my kids their family heritage.
Scan10026.jpg

P27.jpg

P15.jpg

P26.jpg

Scan10012.jpg

P60.jpg

P61.jpg

P31.jpg

Great stuff there, BC. What a great share.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-08 AT 09:17PM (MST)[p]WAY COOL STEVE! I can see the family resemblance in some of them folks and some of them bucks too! Amazing how the gene pool changes so little sometimes! That buck with the rifle in the rack is a typical BC rack! Cool gun too.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Thus far, I don't have too much background on the pics as my wife's aunt said she'll send that info later. I do know that the gentleman in the first pic with the 2 highcountry muleys, is my wife's great grandfather. He built a cabin 66 years ago in that same basin. The rack of the dropper buck he is holding still hangs on the cabin wall.

Here's a pic I took of the rack last summer.
July22119.jpg

Here's some pics of the 2 story cabin he built.
July22107.jpg

July22118.jpg

Here my spotter is aimed pretty much right where he killed those bucks. I was glassin from the porch of the cabin.
July22185.jpg

Dana those are great pix..
not just OL'timer hunting pic's but History!
GRAMNY WAS HOT IN HER DAY...
I see where the kids get there good looks!
its not from you!!
lol..
the kids in trapping photo the in-law mom?
rackmaster

Love the old timer shots.

Especially when there is some story and family significance behind them.

Thanks for post'n em!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-08 AT 07:42AM (MST)[p]Very cool pictures, indeed. Just FYI, the upside down rifle resting in the deer antlers in picture 4 looks like a Mauser action -- the flip-type safety and the bolt release block looks a lot like a Mauser action to me.

Great pics thanks for psoting them

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

Where is all of the fancy scent blocker camo, fancy rangefinders, GPS', fancy scopes, etc? LOL

These are some beautiful images and need to be treasured forever!!! Thank you very much for posting them!!

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

Rack,
The gal in that pic is my wife's paternal great grandmother. The pic was taken Feb 5th, 1922. As for the kids in the trapping pic, I think one of them is my wife's grandmother. It is pretty darn cool to see the family heritage coming through in my kids. Awesome to think that their great-great grandparents had a passion for the high country and that passion shines through in my kids.

Those photos are great, Thank you for sharing. I could look at old hunting / fishing photos all day long. I think I am going to ask some of my remaining older family members if I can copy some of their hunting photos from the 40's thru 60's.

Great post... Thanks again..
Jim

Awesome photos Steve.....thanks for posting them.

Kilowatt, that's not you in the first photo is it? :)

BOHNTR )))---------->

Those are some great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

It looks pretty chilly in some of those photos. Can you imagine hunting in those conditions without some of the cold weather gear we have today?

Of course their moonshine was probably a little better then.;-)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom