BC Special Sheep Permit Booner

BCBOY

Long Time Member
Here's the Special Sheep Permit holder's ram that he took on Nov 4. 2003. This was a self guided hunt in the Elk Valley and the hunter knew what he was doing. The specifics of the ram are 41X41 3/8, 13+yrs old and scores 197 B&C. I guess the Auction Tag holder got a good one in the Elk Valley as well and is said to score 188. I'll try to get pics of that one soon.
fa70e172.jpg

It is rams like that that keep me applying for the Special Sheep Permit.
To give some background on the tag, a few year back the BC Gov decided to try to raise some more money for the Habitat Conservation fund. They decided to put out one tag in which BC residents could buy as many "Lottery" tickets on as they wanted. Each application cost $15 bucks. The successful winner gets to hunt the Region of his choice for the sheep species of his choice for an extended season. They also release one tag to be auctioned off in Vegas every year. That Auction hunter has to hire a outfitter and has the same extended season as the BC Resident. The first year the tag was released was a flop. The ding-bat resident hunter tried to sell his tag on EBAY and was caught. These tags are non-transferable. The guy got into some deep sh*t over it. But the last few years the tags have really paid off for the lucky SOB who wins. Hopefully, one day, I will be that lucky SOB. LOL!
The auction hunter last year took a ram just under 200 and hunted with Bob Fontana of Lancaster/Fontana Hunting Company. This year's auction hunter hunted with Fontana as well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom