be careful out there

M

manny15

Southern Oregon man seriously injured in hunting accident

The Associated Press

MEDFORD, Ore. ? A Medford man was seriously injured when a hunter aiming at a blacktailed deer missed and hit him instead, authorities said.

Glen Bogart, 43, who owns an auto detailing business, was listed in critical condition today at a Medford hospital.

Jackson County Sheriff's deputies said the bullet from Cole Reeves' rifle went through Bogart's back and out one of his arms.

Reeves told officers he didn't see Bogart through thick brush behind the deer, said Sgt. Colin Fagan.

"When (Reeves) fired, he didn't know anybody was down there," Fagan said.

Members of both men's hunting parties Sunday afternoon near the Howard Prairie area east of Medford did not know each other and none wore blaze-orange clothing, Fagan said.

Fagan described Reeves, 36, of Klamath Falls, as remorseful and cooperating with deputies investigating the case.

The case will go to District Attorney Mark Huddleston to determine whether charges will be filed, Fagan said.

"For anyone shooting a firearm anywhere in a public place, you have to know your target and beyond," Fagan said. "When you don't, this is what happens, and you can't take those bullets back."

I was over near Howards Prarie opening day tying to help my dad fill his tag. It was amazing how many people I saw in camoflauge head to toe, and a few of the people even had their faces painted. Plum stupid if you ask me. I hope the guy is able to pull through this, but there is deffently a lesson everyone could take away through this.

i find it hard to believe he was aiming at a deer but hit the other guy, i think he was shooting at movement...

Back
Top Bottom