Bear bait tag's what a joke!

Monstermuley

Has anyone noticed how hard the DWR is making it to get bait tag's for Bear hunting this year? What a joke. GPS coordinates are you serious? How do I know specifically where I'm going to put a bait? I haven't drawn a tag yet. I have ten point's for Utah. Who say's that if I do give Two GPS coordinates that if my bait's aren't getting hit that I don't want to move my bait sites. I mean I know where I'm going to hunt, I keep putting in for the Kamas unit.
I have to have written permission before I can even apply for a bait tag? I have to get written permission from the Forest service or BLM if I want to put bait on public land? Seriously! I get getting permission from private land owners. In Idaho I don't have to get permission from the Forest service before I bait on there land. What a joke.
To me it seem's like Utah doesn't really want anyone to bait in the first place. What are your thoughts on baiting in Utah?

I had a tag last year and had to go thru the process, while it is a pain. Everybody I spoke with was helpful. My biggest gripe is that you have to go thru the same thing if you want to move baits during the hunt, it wasn't a one day process so I feel it really inhibits your ability to move baits during the hunt.

Idaho is much easier to bait

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom