Bear check ???

blindsquirrel1

Was told last night that mandatory check has been required for bears in Region 1 for forty years.

Though I don't shoot a lot of bears I don't ever remember having to check them. Am I getting old or is this a new requirement starting two or three years ago??

Checking Bears has been required for a long time.

The fact that you are asking suggests that you haven't taken a good look at the rule book for while. I'm surprised by how many rule clarifications I have encountered in person and online. My suggestion is that you get a copy and read it from cover to cover so that you are up to date.

Just earlier today I had to tell a guy that baiting deer is illegal in Idaho. He was baiting because his brother in law told him about some commercial deer bait so he bought some and put it out just assuming it was fine. I gave him the same recommendation to read the rule book and call IDFG if he has any questions, don't go on hearsay, read the rules.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-06-13 AT 07:56AM (MST)[p]bears and lions has been a manitory check for a really long early 90,s. I remember maybe before that to

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom