Bear Lake Utah

K

krinkansas

anyone hunted in this area. I am buying a landowner tag in this area next year. What kind of trophy quality is available in this area.

It depends on which side of the lake you are hunting. On the South East side you butt up against the North and South Cache units. I believe the North Cache only offers 50 tags. A 375 bull is a possibility in that area. They are not dime a dozen, but do exist. I know a guy that shot a 5x5 off the South Cache that scored 325. Biggest 5 point I have ever seen. Need more info about the location of the tag, but hopefully this helps.

All I know is that we are buying tags from a landowner and it is close to bear lake. He said its on the migration route about 10 miles from where the state feeds them in the winter.

Sounds like its a little closer to Hardware. However, it could definately be Meadowville. Regardless, it will be a great area. There are still some good bulls in the area. You will see some great scenery and couldn't ask for better elk country IMO.

Sounds more like Johnson's Ranch to me, especially if you are buying the tag directly from the landowner and not drawing it from the state like a Meadowville tag. If so, you will be hunting a sage covered mountain valley surrounded by pine and aspen draws. The resident elk population is about 50-70 head. There will be a couple of 300+ class bulls in the herd plus about a half dozen in the 200-300 inch range. The property is a corridor for migration from elk looking to escape hunting pressure from the surrounding South Cache unit so you may well catch another big bull passing through.....but it will be hit or miss. Hope this helps.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom