Bear Hunt Little Creek, Spot and Stalk

Smokepole

I'll have enough points to draw the Little Creek, Spot and Stalk, Bear permit this year (unless others with more points jump over and put in). I'm familiar with the unit having already Elk and Deer hunted in the unit in the past. I'd like to draw this permit as a good excuse to spend time in the unit not just hunting for a Bear but do some scouting for a cow Bison hunt that I will (I hope) have enough points to draw soon.

If I draw the Bear permit, my plan is to hike in multiple times during the season (sept 2nd thru Nov 10th) and spend 2-3 days each time. Primarily focusing times in September and October due to the Elk and Deer hunts that occur at that time and be able to use the gut piles that likely will attract the Bears.

Now with that all being said, due to the remoteness of this unit, my wife is not very excited about me doing this by myself. She wants me to find someone to go with me. I'm open to anyone who would like to tag along and experience this beautiful place, especially viewing the abundant wildlife.

You can PM me if you're interested. Application deadline is Feb 20th.

I hope you kill the one that tore up my camp during an archery elk hunt in 2011 - he is an old one by now. :) One of the nicest locations on earth in my opinion. My avatar photo is from that area. I have enough non-resident bear pints to draw nearly any bonus tag, I will be anxious to learn how you do.

Hey Guys,
I'm a Non-Res with 22 Points for Archery Elk. 60 years old, this would be my tag of a lifetime. Just wondering what you all would recommend between Monroe or San Juan's. Not asking for the honey hole, just any offerings of folks that might have hunted it Archery in last couple of years. I'm happy to assist with info on New Mexico, Oregon, Idaho or Montana Archery. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I will never draw the limited entry elk tag again in my lifetime.

Hey Guys,
I'm a Non-Res with 22 Points for Archery Elk. 60 years old, this would be my tag of a lifetime. Just wondering what you all would recommend between Monroe or San Juan's. Not asking for the honey hole, just any offerings of folks that might have hunted it Archery in last couple of years. I'm happy to assist with info on New Mexico, Oregon, Idaho or Montana Archery. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I will never draw the limited entry elk tag again in my lifetime.
This thread is talking about bear, as stated in the title, not elk… in the book cliffs unit. Which is nowhere near San Juan or Monroe. You’d probably be better off to just start over and create your own thread.

22 points I doubt is enough for archery on San Juan as a non res.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom