Bears Westside Sandia Mountains

LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-14 AT 03:34PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-14 AT 03:09?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-14 AT 01:38?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-14 AT 01:31?PM (MST)

Bears on the westside of the Sandia Mountains Summer 2014
6547sandia_bear_trail_cam_212.jpg

3717sandia_bear_trail_cam_122.jpg

3613sandia_bear_trail_cam_236.jpg

6435sandia_bear_trail_cam_192.jpg

9395sandia_bear_trail_cam_159.jpg

8842sandia_bear_trail_cam_291.jpg

9180sandia_bear_trail_cam_299.jpg

4340sandia_bear_trail_cam_141.jpg

5494sandia_bear_trail_cam_149.jpg

Not real sure if this is common in Sandias to have such variation of colors. this is my first time setting up cam to capture bears. To be truthfull i have never seen any bears in Sandias that were not black. Thanks for comments.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-14 AT 09:52AM (MST)[p]Cool pictures!Is the lone black bear a boar?What are they eating that's keeping them around?looks like in one of the pictures one of them is running off with something in its mouth.

Those can't be Sandia Bears, the Sandia Bear group says there is only like 8 left in the Sandias you must have got a picture of every single one.

But all kidding aside nice pics and the color phases are pretty cool. Good to see them stay in the mountains more this year.

LOL.....Yeah i hear you live4muleys. The Sandia Bear Group must not spend much time in the Sandias. These pics were all taken in one corridor and captured several. I put in around 20 miles a week and see bear tracks of various size all over the mountain. I would be interested in seeing how they come up with their population numbers. Show me the data. G and F estimate much more and they are using hair snares with DNA testing which is still probably coming up with low number since they have to actually snag on these collection devices.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom