Beaver Elk Archery/Rifle Success?

I'll be going up this weekend to scout couple more days for the Muzzy Elk season that starts Weds, just wondering if anyone had any success or tips on how the hunt went that just finished a archery or rifle hunt. I've scouted a total of 10 days so far, have a couple of places in mind, but still haven't found the big boys yet, anything around 360 on up would thrill me to death, but haven't seen anything like that yet, getting little worried. Anybody with some last minute incite?

Best of luck to ya. I had that tag a few years ago. Had a great time. Unfortunately I have been gone for the last year for Army training and have not been down recently. If you have any questions let me know and I will be glad to offer what little I know. P.S. Let me know how it goes. Good luck

It should be a great hunt. The rut slowed down with the heat during the rifle. Plenty of 330-360 bulls. Good luck.

Well, I just wanted to report to those who helped, and I was fortunate to find much help from some really great people, that my Beaver elk hunt was a tremendous success. I got into some really great areas, and was able to close the deal on a great (in my eyes) 7x6 on opening morning. I had spotted him the evening before season, got in on him at first light, and finished off with 1/2 mile stalk in my socks to get a 154yard shot which found its mark. Again, I want to thank everyone who PM'd advice, locations, people to talk to, and generally just made it possible for one lucky out-of-stater to have the hunt of his life with his dad. I'm so greatful to all of you who helped, you know who you are, and had a fantastic time. If you helped, I have more photos I would love to send you if your interested, and would share more specifics, just PM me, and if you ever need help in AZ, just let me know, Thanks!

P1040274.jpg

P1040389.jpg

P1040436.jpg

P1040538.jpg

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom