Bedded my Weatherby and now it won't feed from magazine

DidIDraw

I was having accuracy problems with my weatherby mark V ultralight (300 wthby mag). I got some great advice and coaching on how to bed the action to help with accuracy. The bedding went well and the accuracy is much better. However now it won't feed the second shell out of the magazine. The first shell (on the right side of the magazine) feeds fine but the second shell (on the left) gets stuck under the lip of the magazine box.
I used some bolts into the action to "line it up" when the bedding was curing and the stock and barrel still seem to fit properly.
It is possible I've put the magazine back together incorrectly (although it looks just like my other Mark V in 270 wthby)? Maybe I've somehow moved or canted the action a little bit relative to the magazine well?
Any thoughts?

The box could be in a slightly different position now and the magazine inlet might be pinching the box now. Also you may need to sand the magazine box to shorten the height a little. The magazine box shouldn’t bind when the bottom metal is bolted into the stock. It should float when it’s all bolted together.

The box could be in a slightly different position now and the magazine inlet might be pinching the box now. Also you may need to sand the magazine box to shorten the height a little. The magazine box shouldn’t bind when the bottom metal is bolted into the stock. It should float when it’s all bolted together.
That did the trick!! I filed off about 1/2mm off the bottom of the magazine box, put it back together and voila! Feeds perfectly. If Leupold gets my scope back in time I will take this rifle to WY for an elk hunt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom