Beds or Feeding Areas?

South slope feeding areas By far! antlers are being jarred around and racked against brush which knocks them off. however some bucks will and do drop in there beds found them both together this way but only a couple times, more so spread out along a trail typicaly within 100 to 200 yards of each other. once i locate one i will grid pattern the area in hopes of recovering the other.

I can assure you that the bedding area's have been picked over pretty hard already :)

I'd go around the corner to the north a draw or two if I were you :)

The shed's I've found so far have been in the feeding area's for whatever that's worth.

Cheers,
Pete

It really depends what area your in , some of my fav. spots you will find 90% under trees where they are bedding,and I have other areas that 90% of the horns you find are more out in the open or on hillsides,these deer are traveling while they shed, if you can find the bedding areas before anyone else gets to them you should find more horns and possible sets ,last year I found a nice year old 165" set sitting under a tree ,walked 100 yards and found the 09 right side of the same buck, two years of the same buck in the same day not bad.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom