Been to a gun show lately?

C

cohntr6

Holy crap!!!
I went to the crossroads of the west gun show on saturday in Phoenix and it was insane!!
It all started with a 1 hour and 2o minute wait to get in!!
Lesson one:
Buy your ticket(s) online, it will get you to a different line and admitted in no time.
Ammo prices were insane!!
I priced 7.62x39 online the day before to get an idea of what to expect for 500 or 1000 rounds. NObody really has any online in-stock in that caliber. I did find 1000 rounds for $185 on up to $350 (they were out of course). This is for the cheap non-reloadable wolf, brown bear, barnaul, etc.
Lesson 2
dont buy ammo at a gun show unless you have no other option because they are price gouging!
Miwall corp (wholesale ammo www.miwallcorp.com )had 3 large "AMMO" tents set up at the gun show with hundreds of people swarming. Their 'online price' for wolf 1000 rounds was $249 and at the gun show it was $299/k!!!
They were the cheapest and largest vendor of ammo at the show.

I'll stop now as the gun prices were high as well as the $7 parking and $14 to get in!!!!
Anybody else been to a gun show lately.

Jeff

As a general rule I try to avoid places where a rape is likely to occur... sounds like boise too...lol

WENT TO ONE IN SLC!!!

PEOPLE PAYING 3 TIMES WHAT GUNS WERE WORTH!!!

PEOPLE PACKING JUNK SHITT OUT THERE LEFT & RIGHT!!!

THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THE GUNS WILL SHOOT!!!

WAJ!!!

AMMO OVER PRICED!!!

AND ABOUT BOUGHT UP!!!

.223 AMMO NON-EXISTENT!!!

PRICES WERE REDICULOUS!!!

PEOPLE SWARMING IN!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

My wife is a book keeper for a local hardware store and they stock ammo for the local hunters.

She called their supplier today for a ammo order. she was told that they were completly out of pistol ammo and a good portion of rifle ammo. Most of the common rifle calibers were out and no ideal when the supplier can get more.

The supplier also sells reloading supplys, such as primers, cases and they were completly out of all primers. Supplier told her that all the primers being made were going to the ammo manufactors in order for them to get caught up on their ammo orders and they were back ordered on ammo.

I am glad I have enought primers, cases, powder and bullets to last me for the next year or two. might have to slow down on my son and I shooting 500 rounds each per month on 45 ACP so that my stock will last two years.

RELH

Opens at 8 get there early & wait in line about a block long so the next one I went to about an hour after opening & walked right in. I saw a few people with hand trucks loaded to the top with ammo. 5.56 was about 40 cents/rd so I thought that wasn't too bad.

I put one on for my wife last night when I got out of the shower. She said I better start drinking some Muscle Milk!! Oh well:)

>I put one on for my
>wife last night when I
>got out of the shower.
>She said I better start
>drinking some Muscle Milk!! Oh
>well:)

Nice... Great post..

bobcat you are so right people are goin' fricken nuts!!!

Ask em: "What kinda gun you got there?" and they say "I don't know but I always wanted one!!!"

Everybody just needs to take a breath....

LAST EDITED ON Apr-28-09 AT 09:00PM (MST)[p]Went to the Crossroads show last February in Phoenix and it was $20 to get in!! Could not believe all the crap people were trying to sell.

Cabela's (as high priced as they are) has better stuff and for a whole lot less $$$'s and I certainly do not have to pay $7 to park in their lot nor do they charge you $20 at the front door! The Cabela's in Glendale has had an abundant supply of 223 rounds for what seemed a reasonable price the last few times I was in the store. Something like $20 - $25 for a box of 50. Don't buy 223's so I'm not positive its a fair price, but it seems like it might be.

If I never attend another sorry excuse for a gun show it will be too soon!

LAST EDITED ON May-02-09 AT 10:29AM (MST)[p]St George was packed too - they said it ws the "best" show they ever had, been goin for over 10 years and its the busiest I've seen it - its the Frigggen ObamaFactor.

Wall to wall people!

I bought little ammo and thought I would do better at Wally world - they were half sold out and tacking 20% up on existing ammo as I showed up.

Sportsman whs is about sold out of ammo too. Whats left is sky high.

Thats my story and I'm stickin to it but not panicking. Bought about $100 worth of ammo that week. Not buying overpriced guns nor would I sell what I got.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom