Beetles

completesportsman

Long Time Member
A couple friends and myself have skulls we want to euro mount. I was thinking of ordering some beetles and we could split the cost and let them clean off our skulls.

Right now we have 5 skulls to do, maybe a few more by the end of our deer season.

Could we order enough for this many? How long does it take for them to clean off each skull?

Thanks

I used to do my own skulls, but got tired of the time and mess and was never quite happy with the results. I found Robert with skull designs here on the forum, met him, checked out his work, and have been sending my stuff to him ever since! I am one picky dude when it comes to taxi work and his is top notch. I was in your shoes here a few years back and with a little research found that the time and money itself let alone the risk of those little buggers getting out and getting into my house/mounts made it an easy decision. I'm sure glad I did! I had Robert do a deer and a lion skull this year for me and I'm very pleased. Give him a call or a pm. His prices were very reasonable. Sliverslinger400

Robert
801-362-0725

Good for you for not trying to boil your skulls, that is the worst thing you can do to a skull. Before you order your beetles, read up on how to take care of them. The temperature and humidity are critical. I use chest freezers sitting on thier back. I have three colonies going right now. They reproduce very quickly with plenty to eat and the right coniditions. But they are not easy to take care of for the first timer. And they do stink. You cannot keep them in the house. Then you'll need to come up with your own method of degreasing and whitening. It takes me about two weeks to degrease and whiten my skulls but they turn out perfect.

Colorado Lion Hunt:

Mineshaft Lion Hunt:
http://trophyroom.com/video/lls8ViwJcT

Beetles are awesome just don't go into the business yourself. Let someone that has them deal with them. They require care for sure and when no skulls to clean you will need some meat or something for them to eat. Do not keep them near your house where your mounts are either. One gets in the house and your mounts are most likely history. Rocky Mackin in No. UT does an awesome job.

There's allot more to doing Euro's than just ordering the Beetles...I've been using Beetles for the past 10 years, and they are as much work to take care and keep alive as my horses!

Good Luck!

>There's allot more to doing Euro's
> than just ordering the
>Beetles...I've been using Beetles for
>the past 10 years, and
>they are as much work
>to take care and keep
>alive as my horses!
>
>Good Luck!

The above poster "kevinp" has done a bear and bison skull for me with beatles. They turned out amazing and I couldn't have been happier with the results.

Prices were reasonable as well. I'd stick with a Pro and let Him do it!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom