Benelli SBE I bolt problems!

Lately my benelli has been having problems. It was shooting the first shell ejecting it then loading the next shell but when I pulled the trigger for the second time the firing pin didn't hit the primer. I noticed that when the bolt went forward it didn't come to a complete stop it would bounce. So I tried putting my dads bolt in it it worked just fine.
Any ideas on how to fix it? I already have a sure cycle recoil spring so it isn't that.

Complete disassembly and clean, then a drop of oil. That rotating bolt is a chit design in my opinion. A little speck of dirt and u got a $1200 single shot! Good luck!

+1 to clean it thoroughly.

Oil it very lightly or use a dry lube. I wipe my working parts with an oily rag then a dry one. I used to over oil it (and I was putting very little oil in there) because I hunt a saltwater environment that ate my 870 wingmaster over the years but the Benelli has been very rust resistant.

I hunt where it's sandy and sometimes I'm laying in the sand and that gun runs like a clock. The trick is to keep the oil light enough that nothing foreign will bind to it creating gunk balls that hinder the bolt locking in place.

If this doesn't work then go to duckhuntingchat or shotgunworld. They will help ya more. Tons of info there.

Bill

People who work for a living are quickly being
overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-15 AT 09:36PM (MST)[p]Was it just dirty? I got no audio on the links

I'm hunting with a buddy of mine tomorrow that has had that same problem and the cleaning didn't take care of it. I will ask him what the issue was and post it up tomorrow for you.

Benelli makes the best auto on the market your problem isn't common. the aftermarket spring isn't the best idea, but it another bolt works it's hard to blame it.

I've never seen your problem before but I've heard about it in guns with many many rounds through it or with modified springs. have you changed the inertia spring? if it was too long it could cause it. or a worn carrier.

The two parts I'd suspect most are the carrier ( bolt ) and the inertia spring. I'd try trading the spring first and then the carrier with the other gun and see what happens. might trade barrels too, I doubt the lugs would be screwed up or it would cause it but it's an easy test.

Whatever your problem is you're not going to clean it away it's mechanical.

Stay thirsty my friends

Took a better look at that video,440's right it's mechanical. It looks like the bolt isn't rotated in the correct position and then when it bounces back it rights itself and goes forward in the correct position and ends up correct. I've just never been a big fan of that rotating bolt, and now it looks like they're all goin to it. My buddy sent his 1st one back and they sent him the next model and hasn't had as much trouble with it.

Actually I don't know how he pulled it off but they sent him a new gun, the next model after the sb1. Does it seem like it's going forward in the wrong position? Like I described in my last

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom