Beretta Shotgun

falloutwest

Does anyone know if there is anywhere you can get aftermarket stocks for a Beretta AL390 Sport 12ga.? I am not happy with the thick butt on this gun as it prevents me from getting down on my sites. If I can't find an aftermarket stock, then I have a barely used 12 guage Beretta AL390 sport for sale!

Have you messed with the shims? 99% of people can get enough drop with the lowest one. I think the 390 has the shim set up anyway?

I just don't understand why Beretta has to make their stocks so thick and bulky... (and Benelli, 'an Browning...) they feel (to me!) like I'm trying to shoulder an old Viking war club!
On the other hand, I do have a weakness for thick butts...

I have adjusted the cast and drop to the lowest setting and still have troutble getting down on the sites. I have a Remington 1100 that comes up like a dream but the Beretta just won't do it.

I have one gun that's a little that way and it should make me hit a little high, but it doesn't.

About all you can do is take some wood off until it fits, then you'll probably have to refinish the forearm to get it to match. or just sell it or trade it, any aftermarket wood you can find will probably cost more than the gun is worth unless you're ok with that.

Like 'Dude sez, aftermarket stocks will be many $$(do a google search fer shotgun stocks or gun stocks), and then, unless you have 'em custom carved, (more $$), they will most likely be along the same dementions as original.
I'd find someone local that is willing to fit the stock to you, then if your not comfortable doing it yourself, re-finish it.
Or... keep an eye out on Gunbroker, Ebay, etc fer a used stock, if you can pick one up for a decent price, (even a beet-up one will work) try your own hand at fit and finish.
There's a ton of info on the 'net in reguards to finishing a stock.

I have thought about working on the stock myself but think it is more work than it is worth plus it will lower the value of the gun if I want to get rid of it down the road. I think my best option at this point is to get rid of it while it is still worth some money and buy another gun that fits me better. Cabelas offered me $400 for it on a trade but I thought that was a little low. What do you guys think? I think the gun (which is in great shape) is probably worth at least $500.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom