Bessy’s Alcatraz Buck

Vanilla

Long Time Member
Looks like Bessy was nice and let Jimmy John take pics with his Alcatraz buck.

Hey, do you all remember the talk that too many tags (2?!?!?) have been issued on the island and the big genetics have been shot out of the herd?

Yeah…I’m glad I never bought that rubbish!

For a pic and more discussion…

Last edited:
You Need To Buy The Tag!

It Ain't Like you're Ever gonna Draw The Tag!

Looks like Bessy was nice and let Jimmy John take pics with his Alcatraz buck.

Hey, do you all remember the talk that too many tags (2?!?!?) have been issued on the island and the big genetics have been shot out of the herd?

Yeah…I’m glad I never bought that rubbish!

Bessy, do you remember those clowns that claimed all the big genetics have been shot out of the Island?

You read those silly statements. You’ve gotta remember em. Tell me you remember those!

I Remember!

I Remember Founder Thinking There Might Not Be Any Bucks As Big As This Buck That Just Got Shot Taken In The Next 4-5 Years!

There's Alot Of Factors On ALCATRAZ Bucks Surviving & Living Long Enough To Get This Big!

It'll Be Interesting To See What The Other ALCATRAZ Buck Will Look Like This Year!

Bessy, do you remember those clowns that claimed all the big genetics have been shot out of the Island?

You read those silly statements. You’ve gotta remember em. Tell me you remember those!

There are no watermarks on the photos, it wasn't an outfitter that helped him.
Private individuals.

My bad misinformation.
Credit goes to a team assembled by Ryan Carter of DCoutfitters.

Last edited:
There are no watermarks on the photos, it wasn't an outfitter that helped him.
Private individuals.

Not true if you read Ryan Carter’s Instagram post. DC Outfitters was on the case. But he also never water marks photos of his client’s animals.

Hey Niller?

I Remember You Were Perty Riled On That Thread!

I Still Laugh About How Big Of A WAD You Had Your Panties In On That One!:D:D:D

Oh HELL!

You're Always Right!

You're almost correct. Not always. There was that one time...

But that one time was not on this topic. All those that were so adamant that the genetics have been shot out of the Island are pretty quiet about this buck.

But that one time was not on this topic. All those that were so adamant that the genetics have been shot out of the Island are pretty quiet about this buck.
Do you think this is some sort of "I told you so" moment because some people (which I have no idea to whom you're referring) were mistaken in thinking that does didn't carry antler genetics?

This is at least your third attempt at a "gotcha" post, and even though the genetics argument was incorrect I don't think one deer is enough to refute it anyway.

Do you think this is some sort of "I told you so" moment because some people (which I have no idea to whom you're referring) were mistaken in thinking that does didn't carry antler genetics?

This is at least your third attempt at a "gotcha" post, and even though the genetics argument was incorrect I don't think one deer is enough to refute it anyway.

To be quite frank, I don’t care what you think! Never have. Carry on.

To be quite frank, I don’t care what you think! Never have. Carry on.
This is a good look on you. Almost as good as your repeated "I told you so" posts, which are obviously attempted passive-aggressive digs at somebody. Keep it up ?

Genetics are never "shot out".
Age classes can be over harvested but Genetics are DNA.
But most of us understand that.
"Most" is the key word ?

This is a good look on you. Almost as good as your repeated "I told you so" posts, which are obviously attempted passive-aggressive digs at somebody. Keep it up ?

Obviously you should refer to post #15.

But if not caring what trolls think is a good look on me, I'll wear it proudly!

Last edited:
Draw tags deer.
IMG_5033.jpeg

People would give their left nut and $500k to hunt this island.
Meanwhile, we have this kid that doesn't even know he has the tag. How does this even happen?

View attachment 126715
No kidding. That must mean he never saw the email, never saw the deduction from a credit card and never opened the dwr envelope that came containing the tag. Crazy set of events.

Who puts in for any tag and never checks to see if they drew it.? Maybe he's a nice guy, but probably a bit of a dope...

I mean, 1)you have a charge on a card, or 2)you have an email, or 3)you can check your draw results on the dwr website, or 4)you get the tag in the mail... 4 ways to check and know what tag you have.

Even if there was a glitch, there's three other ways to know. I don't know anybody that doesn't know what hunt they are going on within hours of the draw results...

This is the dumbest thing I've heard of since that Sportsman's elk Mossback guided on where the hunter forgot his gun... if I remember right. :ROFLMAO:

Who puts in for any tag and never checks to see if they drew it.? Maybe he's a nice guy, but probably a bit of a dope...

I mean, 1)you have a charge on a card, or 2)you have an email, or 3)you can check your draw results on the dwr website, or 4)you get the tag in the mail... 4 ways to check and know what tag you have.

Even if there was a glitch, there's three other ways to know. I don't know anybody that doesn't know what hunt they are going on within hours of the draw results...

This is the dumbest thing I've heard of since that Sportsman's elk Mossback guided on where the hunter forgot his gun... if I remember right. :ROFLMAO:
So I am kinda reading between the lines a little in the comments on the outfitters post but I'm thinking someone else put him in like a parent or something and all that stuff just kinda fell through the cracks. The guy looks pretty young, maybe college age.

I think this post might be the dumbest thing I have read in awhile.
It was already stated the permit did not get sent to him, computer glich.
Maybe one of his parents used There credit card.
His email might of had a problem

I think this post might be the dumbest thing I have read in awhile.
It was already stated the permit did not get sent to him, computer glich.
Maybe one of his parents used There credit card.
His email might of had a problem
Maybe JJ wanted to make sure he killed the biggest buck on the island so he paid off UDWR to hold the tag, and the results and not charge him until 2 days into the hunt

This Ain't Me Speaking but:

I've Got Enough Money To Hunt This Island Alone!

After I'm Done, It's Your Turn!

You'll Have The Island Hunt To Yourself After I'm Done!

NOMINAL F'N FEE I'm Sure!

I’ll act dumb for a couple days for the right money. I usually do it for free.

No kidding. That must mean he never saw the email, never saw the deduction from a credit card and never opened the dwr envelope that came containing the tag. Crazy set of events.
What do you expect he is just a dumb plumber. I was talking with him at the supply house a few weeks ago.

What do you expect he is just a dumb plumber. I was talking with him at the supply house a few weeks ago.
So what was his story. I think someone said his parents put him in for the hunt and he didn't know they did or something like that.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom