best 7mm wsm powder

_rutN_

What is the best 7mm wsm powder you have found?... I'll be shooting 160gr ABs and 168 Bergers. I bought some RL-17, but don't see a lot of load data or blog indicating guys prefer it. Any suggestions?

_rut, You're right, not much data out there on R-17, i couldn't find any last year when i needed it. I built up a good load for my 270WSM with R-17 just by adding a half grain at a time. I got to where i wanted, near 3300 fps with 140 AB's, before i started seeing pressure signs and she grouped them nicely so i had my load.

Joey

I just finished loading a matrix w/ R-17 to try out. I went w/ it based on a buddies recommendation, he uses R-17 in his 270WSM as well and his gun loves it. I'll see how it goes

MagPro. Don't own a 7WSM, but if I did, I'd start with it. Data I've seen shows high velocities with 150 to 175 grain bullets. mtmuley

I've been using 4350 when i bought mine in 02 they didn't have any info called nosler and the guy said try 4350 can't go very wrong with it worked up a load and will maintain 1/2 moa out to 500yrs using 140gr. accubonds
7mm wsm 600yrd. and closer checkmate

Do a little more web searching and you will find some good articles out there on 7mmWSM load. I came real close to buying a custom rifle and looked into reloading and found a fair amount of info. R17 was popular, as was 4831. PS I like your bullet choices!

Thanks... My plan was trying R17 first, then IMR 7828, then 4831. I may be done after my first matrix with R17! Velocity's were very consisten with each load (small standard deviation) and groups were good. This is my first WSM I've owned (shot even) and absolutely love the gun first day at the range!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom