Best archery elk units

coyoteslayer

I have max elk points. I have been putting in for units 31, or 124 over the year. I really want to focus on archery to kill my elk. Guided hunt is not an option at this time. Wondering if anyone has suggestions on other units I should be looking into? I have studied unit 62 and been thinking about this unit as well. Thank you!

I have max elk points. I have been putting in for units 31, or 124 over the year. I really want to focus on archery to kill my elk. Guided hunt is not an option at this time. Wondering if anyone has suggestions on other units I should be looking into? I have studied unit 62 and been thinking about this unit as well. Thank you!

I did 62 in 2021 with a rifle. I went with Trails West Outfitters and had a great trip. I’d love to have that experience again but I’ll be far too old to get enough points to draw it again. I can‘t imagine hunting 62 without an outfitter or at least some horses of your own. It’s vast, wide open country. I’d love to be in your shoes with all those points. Good luck whatever you do.

Thanks for the responses. I am planning on a type 9 tag where I can go back with a rifle if needed, but want to focus on the archery hunt to try and kill. I do not need to be guaranteed draw this year. I have waited this long, what is another year or two. I just want to maximize my points. It will probably be my one and only elk hunt in Wyoming.

Thanks for the responses. I am planning on a type 9 tag where I can go back with a rifle if needed, but want to focus on the archery hunt to try and kill. I do not need to be guaranteed draw this year. I have waited this long, what is another year or two. I just want to maximize my points. It will probably be my one and only elk hunt in Wyoming.
You cannot go back with a rifle on a type 9 tag.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom