Best Bet for Bears?

W

woodtick

Hey guy's i've never been bear huntin before, i've noticed over the years that idaho has a pretty liberal season for them. I'm lookin for a place a beginner can go out and do some spot and stalk huntin for one, what is the best unit for this? any info is greatly appreciated.

WHACK'N & STACK'N
SHOOT STRAIGHT SHOOT TRUE
THE WOODTICK

Pick an area that has a river or a big canyon in it, lower elevation, and hunt the south facing slopes in the afternoon as they will green up first. After a few weeks in April, evey thing is green and then just hunt the openings or "breaks" counrty.
If you wait till the snow is out of the high county (may-june) more country will be open, but the bears will be spread out a bit more.
Salmon River, Snake River, Clearwater River, and many others or large tributaty creeks fit that description. The harder it is to get into the area the better chance at a BIG bear and less chance of a hound hunter stirring things up for you.
With the late winter we are having in Central Id this year, I suspect that the low elevation bear hunting will be fantastic, as many high country bears will come out of the den to sevearl feet of snow and move down into those areas.
good luck.
you should also bring your shot gun or at least get a Turkey tag as you will likely run into several Toms as well.

Thanks guy's i appreciate it!!

WHACK'N & STACK'N
SHOOT STRAIGHT SHOOT TRUE
THE WOODTICK

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom