Best Bino Harness???????

T264

I have used the Crooked Horn version for about 5 years on my Swaro 10x50 SLC, and it worked great. I just upgraded to the new EL 12x50 and wondered if there have been any "reinventions of the wheel" so to speak. Or is simpler still better. Opinions please.

T264

P.S. This thread has been posted in the Optics forum as well.

>Also how do you like the
>new binos? I bought the
>10x42 last December and love
>them.

I bought them a few days ago and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. Lots of $ but what the he--. I learned years ago that you won't regret getting the best optics, especially binos. (trying to justify!)

T264

Don't worry man I thought the same thing when I bought mine. I have got over that feeling since using them. My step dad went out with me and we were seeing animals pretty far away and he would say I see a deer or an elk, but I can't tell what it is.

I would tell him if it was a buck or doe or bull or a cow. He was like how the hell do you know that? I handed him my Swaorovisions and he was amazed. He said that even though we both had 10x42's it seemed like mine were a higher magnification than his and the image was unbelievable. He is saving for a pair right now.

I was in the same boat last year. I tried badlands and alaskan guide creations the one I like the most is still the crooked horn.So I guess simpler is still better.

I am trying the Nimrod this year so far I like them because the straps don't let the binos dangle as bad and I get tired of getting hit in the gonads when I move fast. They have more tension when holding them so I will find out if I like them better than the standard harness.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-27-11 AT 06:34PM (MST)[p]http://s4gear.com/products/lockdown/features

I do not have one but looks like I might get one :)

I used the Badlands Bino case this past weekend on an actual hunt situation went to jump a wash and my binos fell out. Case got wet in a rainstorm and magnets quit working. Came home took it back and put my Crooked Horn harness back on.....Simpler is better just my two cents worth

>I used the Badlands Bino case
>this past weekend on an
>actual hunt situation went to
>jump a wash and my
>binos fell out. Case
>got wet in a rainstorm
>and magnets quit working.
>Came home took it back
>and put my Crooked Horn
>harness back on.....Simpler is better
>just my two cents worth
>

The more I look I think you may be right.

T264

crooked horn straps for me. i also use the crooked horn bino shield. works awesome! keeps my binos clean and dry every once in a while i get a little dirt or sand in it but it works better than no shield and i also have a crooked horn spud that is a lens cleaner that is attached to a pouch and just tucks back in when done using. works great. here is my whole set-up all 3 are pictured in this link
http://crookedhorn.com/cms_ver_03/s...ypage.pbv.v5.tpl&product_id=72&category_id=12

>I used the Badlands Bino case
>this past weekend on an
>actual hunt situation went to
>jump a wash and my
>binos fell out. Case
>got wet in a rainstorm
>and magnets quit working.
>Came home took it back
>and put my Crooked Horn
>harness back on.....Simpler is better
>just my two cents worth
>

Didn't you hook the to the elastic cords ?

I got one months ago (Badlands bino case), used last weekend and I was impressed. Secure, dust proof and plenty of room for a pocket camera and GPS along with my Ultravids. All at my finger tips. I haven't gotten it wet, yet. I'll keep that in mind.

I think the Alaska Guide Creations by far superior than the Crooked Horn. Magnets anywhere near anything electronic (range finder) is a bad idea.

'10 Darton 3800 Pro 28.5" 65#
QAD Ultra Rest HD drop away rest, Spot Hogg Hogg-It 7 pin, NAP Apache 8" Stabilizer, Titan 3/16" peep, Slick Trick Magnum, Harvest Time HT-2 .003 350 arrows, Carter Hammer release
Idaho Certified 4H Archery Instructor

Last year I used the S4 gear harness. It's an okay system, but I have now replaced it with the Bino hub that Silver had posted. It's the best ive used so far.

Horn Hunter, best harness made. There are some video reviews of it on you tube and tines up dot com.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom