Best bino question

searcher

I'm sure this question has been posted before but products change all the time so I would like to bring it up again.

What is the best binocular out there in the $500-$1000 range. I am comparing the Leupold Gold Rings, Brunton, Kahles, Steiner and Nikon so far. I am looking for a pair of binoculars to glass with for long periods of time (mule deer and antelope hunting) that are lightweight and easy to carry. I am mostly looking at 10X42 models. I am looking to buy these in the next 5-6 months so I am saving now to get them before this fall's hunting season. I currently have a pair of Leupold porro-prism binoculars that are about 20 years old. I think they are 9X35. I have returned them to Leupold twice for minor repairs which Leupold did without charge. All I had to pay was the shipping to ship them to Oregon. Right now, I have the new Leupold Gold Ring binoculars as the top end for what I am looking for just because I have been well satisfied with my 20-year old binoculars but I would certainly go with another brand. I just need to be convinced on what to buy. Thanks and good hunting.

Tim
Searchin' for a 4X4

Just last week I received a pair of the Pentax DCF SP 10x43's and like several other MM members have said in prior posts they are fantastic. I looked at all brands including the Swaro EL's, OK maybe the EL's were better but not $1100 better IMHO. You can get a great deal on these, in fact Foreman4x4 gave me the contact info for getting a pair, would really suggest you take a look. I know everyones eyes sees things differently but the SP's really are great. Can't wait to use them this year for antelope.
Good luck on your search.
Thanks
Frank

I have both a pair of Pentax DCF-WP 8x42 and Swar EL's 8.5x42. I will tell you this there is a definate and distinct difference in low light conditions and at long distances, but besides that it is hard to tell the difference. The Pentax for the money are tough to beat if you want a good set of binoculars I would buy mine again. I like them because they have the heavy rubber coating and are excellent for my kids to use when they hunt with me and they can't damage them.

Thanks for the responses. I will definitely check out the pentax. I also noticed the Leupold gold rings are heavier and will take that into consideration since I already carry around too much stuff! Anyone out there using the Kahles?

Tim
Searchin' for a 4X4

The Pentax DCF SP's are at least as good as Kahles and are $300.00 less money....

If you decide to get Leica, Zeiss, Pentax or Nikon, contact Doug at Cameraland New York. He'll treat you right! As an example, he sells NIB Pentax DCF SP 8x43's for $409.99 and 10x43 SP's for $439.99. Those prices are delivered. He deals only in USA warrantied goods.

Thanks again. That is good to know. I'll be sure to keep this info. I think I recall seeing another thread that mentioned a Doug at Cameraland.

Tim
Searchin' for a 4 X 4

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom