Best Bino strap/harness?

Feleno

Long Time Member
I have a pair of Swarovski 10x42's that came with the original strap/harness system. It sucks. Within 5 minutes of walking around with the binos dangling or pulling the binos up to your face a few times they end up down at my waist, after starting at mid chest. Who makes a good strap that will pull back into place every time and not loosen up? Thanks

I've used the Alaskan Guide Creations for a long time now. I've loved it. It doesn't have any elastic so it doesn't stretch or bounce. It has a bunch of different pockets for misc. items.
Having said that I just ordered the KUIU harness. I'll let ya know how I like it once I get it out in the field.

Traditional >>>------->

Great post Feleno, I am in the same boat. Right now I am leaning towards the Sitka because I would my bino's to be protected from the elements as well. I think the Badlands is too bulky and the although I haven't had them in hand the Horn Hunter seems bulky as well. Not too much help but I'm looking forward to peoples opinions as well.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-13 AT 08:43PM (MST)[p]I have the Horn Hunter bino hub, and love it. Not bulky at all, and protects well. No elastic on the shoulder straps, so there is no bounce at all. I use this case for horseback riding and my bino's are secured to my chest very well. One big seller for me was that they are full coverage, unlike the S4 system so they are protected from dust, body and lenses. The last thing that I want is for my expensive optics to get damaged by dust or impact. This Horn Hunter bino case has done both of those things.

Here is a post that I made when I first got it over two years ago.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID25/1369.html

}}-SLIVER-->

Great subject.

I have tried several and finally settled on the G4 lockdown system. I usually travel a lot on the 4 wheeler or Rokon and can't stand bouncing binos. This system works as good as advertised. The binos are right there every time, no flailing around trying to grab them when in a hurry. The only wish I had is when crawling they stayed closer to my belly, but it really isn't that big of an issue. I have had them for 2 full season, spending many scouting days and hunting days, and they still look brand new. I haven't seen any loosening or tearing of stitches or nothing, and I put it through the paces. One of my best additions for hunting ever, right behind my swarovskis.

Happy hunting

This is the Best Bino Holder I know of:

3470binoculars.jpg

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

>This is the Best Bino Holder
>I know of:
>
>
3470binoculars.jpg

>
>
>
>This Story happens alot it's True!
>
>But Ya Best Hope it don't
>ever happen to you!
>

Bess where can I get one :D

Hands down the Alaskan Guide Creations Bino pack. There is a big thread on this in the optics or gear review section. I didn't like the S4 lockdown didn't keep dust and rain off my lenses.

Thanks for all the suggestions and links, I will check them out.

Cat, I bet that one is already loose.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-13 AT 08:05PM (MST)[p]The KUIU harness system turned out exceptional. I would give it a hard look.

IMG_0563_zpse8d07d5b.jpg
[/URL]

western hunter did a write up on this last month, has anyone tried the FHF system. I was thinking about giving it a try this year. I have the S4 and dont love it

I really like the looks of the kuiu bino harness system. It looks like it is the lightest and most streamline design out there. That is what I am looking for... no extra pockets, no bells and whistles, just a harness system that doesnt bounce when I jog, and one that protects my swaros from dust and precipitation. I do a lot of trail running for scouting so I want light weight and no bounce.

The only thing that concerns me is what prevents the bino holding bag from sagging down when you are using the binos? It looks like there is only one strap that goes around your torso that holds the harness to your chest. The other strap connects directly to the binos... leaving no upward pulling force when you are using the binos.

Anyone used this new harness and can comment on if it sags or bounces?
Do you have to keep the chest strap super tight to keep them from sagging?

My KUIU harness should be here this week. According to the KUIU blog post, it doesn't sag when properly adjusted (I was worried too and did some research).

Most of my KUIU stuff has been right-on, and I expect nothing less on the bino harness. My bet is they knock it out of the park. If you want one, order it quick. I bet they run out of this shipment soon.

Grizzly

PS. Tristate, please be an adult and respect my wishes that you do not respond to any of my posts. I, in turn, will do you the courtesy of not responding to any of yours. I simply do not wish to converse with you.

It doesn't sag like one might think it would. And it really doesn't take much tension around the torso to hold it in place either. What's really cool is the simplicity in adjusting torso tension, so when adding or taking off layers, you can fine tune the tightness in a matter of seconds.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-13 AT 07:40PM (MST)[p]I got the FHF system this winter, haven't had a chance to test it in the field, but it seems to be very well thought out and good quality.

I got one with a range finder pouch, hopefully it will solve two problems at once.

I need to sell my S4 stuff.

>I really like the looks of
>the kuiu bino harness system.
> It looks like it
>is the lightest and most
>streamline design out there.
>That is what I am
>looking for... no extra pockets,
>no bells and whistles, just
>a harness system that doesnt
>bounce when I jog, and
>one that protects my swaros
>from dust and precipitation. I
>do a lot of trail
>running for scouting so I
>want light weight and no
>bounce.
>
>The only thing that concerns me
>is what prevents the bino
>holding bag from sagging down
>when you are using the
>binos? It looks like there
>is only one strap that
>goes around your torso that
>holds the harness to your
>chest. The other strap
>connects directly to the binos...
>leaving no upward pulling force
>when you are using the
>binos.
>
>Anyone used this new harness and
>can comment on if it
>sags or bounces?
>Do you have to keep the
>chest strap super tight to
>keep them from sagging?

No one can tell you because they haven't shipped yet. I've used: Alaska Creations, Sitka, Badlands, Horn Hunter, and I too pre-ordered the Kuiu. I'm still looking for the perfect system. Out of all the ones I've used the Sitka is the best if your 10x42's will fit. It is just a better product fit wise and profile wise. Especially if you wear a pack over the harness. I would still be using one if they would fit my 12x50's. Good luck on your quest for the right one..

jr8fish

I love everything Kuiu so far, but I had the same concerns as you. This system reminds me of the old crooked horn pouch redesigned with a better harness system. Maybe some actual users will chime in here.

I have been using the Horn Hunter bino hub, and have nothing negative to say about it. Great system IMO

}}-SLIVER-->

>>Anyone used this new harness and
>>can comment on if it
>>sags or bounces?
>>Do you have to keep the
>>chest strap super tight to
>>keep them from sagging?
>
>
>No one can tell you because
>they haven't shipped yet.

My assessment above was based on hunting experience with the harness (hence my photo). While I do work for KUIU, I feel that I can still give very accurate, unbiased opinion on its function.

Todd

I am using the Cabelas version and I've never had a problem with straps becoming uneven at all. I have a pair on my old binos as well as my new binos. I don't believe you have to spend a lot for name brands if lesser priced products are of the same quality and serve the same purpose. I've been using them for 10 years and never had an issue.

If you leave them on, you'll never leave them at the gas station.

M'Balz Es Hari

I got my KUIU harness today. It is great. It takes some time to get adjusted properly, but comfortable, no bounce, and definitely doesn't sag when the binos are out of it.

Grizzly

PS. Tristate, please be an adult and respect my wishes that you do not respond to any of my posts. I, in turn, will do you the courtesy of not responding to any of yours. I simply do not wish to converse with you.

I have the FHF harness. I have owned an Alaska Guide Creations, and a Badlands before. Hands down the FHF pack is the best one on the market. I promise you will be happy with it. Paul will work with you to get exactly what you need. It is the most comfortable, durable and functional pack out there.

Hey Grizzly

Having had your Kuiu bino harness over the weekend, do you think it is the best one that you have used?

So there is no sag when the binos are out?

One last question, I do lots of trail running as I am out scouting.... do you think this kuiu system will hold the binos good enough to jog/run with it on? Sure there is no bounce when hiking but what about if you run? Does it hold tight enough to your chest that they would not flop around when running.

thanks

I like the looks of the FHF and the straps that hook to the binos are a big plus over the AGC. I just sewed my own straps onto the AGC. I don't think I could handle all the dust getting onto my binos while in the FHF when I'm on the RZR or on a wheeler.

What is the difference between the Alaska Guides Creation and the FHF? They look very similar to me. The material looks noisy on the FHF as compared to the AGR. Better harness system, pocket design, or what on those that prefer the FHF to the AGR?

Thanks,

Horniac

Leica, makes the most sturdy strap system I have used.

I use it with a crooked horn bino shield. One strap.

I had the badlands system, and tried real hard to like it, but, it felt to much like a parachute strapped to my chest.

Got my kuiu harness for my swaro 15x56. I have been out horn hunting with them for around 15-20 miles this last week and I love it! They don't sag! Easy to get where it fits good and it don't move on ya I haven't adjusted them since I first got it where I wanted it! Easy in and out!

hornkiller.jpg

same here, just got my Kuiu xl for my swaro 15's and I love it. Im a little slow getting it setup, but there is a nice instructional video on you tube made by Kuiu to help ya set it up.

That's a big +1 for me on the kuiu. I'm still waiting to be disappointed by kuiu. Hope it's a loooong wait.

I actually like my Badlands system. While it may look a little bulky, it gives a lot of protection for your binos. It is also very quiet when you are in tight like when bow hunting. I let my wife try it out and had to buy one for her as well. It has kept rain, snow and dust out even while driving the Rhino without bouncing. Doesn't get in the way of my bow and I've used it as a pad on a rock for the rifle.

Crooked horn bino harness and bino shield. I love mine and the combo is very easy to use comfortable and light weight, it works great!

Its down to either the FHF or the Kuiu setup. Hoping to see more reviews on the Kuiu as guys are starting to get them in hand.

Ended up ordering the Kuiu and it showed up in the mail today. I think its gonna work great. Light weight but will hold the bino's in place. Search youtube for Jason's video that shows how to set them up. If setup right, they don't sag.

I have the Kuiu system and while it does not sag, it has to be adjusted every time you layer up or down which is a problem. With two adjustment points on each side it gets annoying. Other than that it seems to be top notch.

I've used a few different ones. Im currently using a cabela's brand one. Very nice. No complaints. I think it was about $20.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom