Best Binocular $300

Muleyfanatic

I'm looking into getting a new set of binoculars for this hunting season. Somewhere in the $300 price range. I really don't know a lot about binoculars but don't want to waste my money on garbage as I'm only 16 and don't have much money to spend. Any input is appreciated.

My buddy loves his vortex diamondbacks they are super clear and come with the best warranty is the business. You can't go wrong with them and they are less than 250

LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-12 AT 00:19AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-12 AT 00:18?AM (MST)

Nikon Monarch 5 10x42 ebay $267 shipped (monarch 5-stay away from the monarch 3)

Vortex Diamondback

Bushnell legend ultra hd

Go look through them and see which you like best. All under or around $300

But I would save up a little more and get a Zen Ray ED3 for around $400-if not look at the Zen Ray ED2 on close out at cameralandny.com (the ED2 is the same bino as the Vortex Talon HD)

Another one that's got great reviews is the Vanguard Endeavor ED, its under $400.

I would go with whichever has the best warranty... In this case, the vortex diamondback would be your best bet. That way, should something ever happen to them you can rest assured you will be taken care of.

I have a set of Leupolds (the model escapes me, I don't use them anymore) in that price range, and my Dad has the diamondback and without question my dad's vortex is the better piece of glass.

Couple that with the security of their warranty, and you are sittin pretty.

If you keep your eyes peeled (i.e. watch Amazon etc) you could pick up a pair of Pentax DCF SP's for not much more than three hundred. They're awesome and the warranty is forever fix or replace. No need to worry cuz Pentax has been around a long, long time.

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

Cameraland is having a sale now 10% on various brands.
All vortex included. Just mention Dougs gone fishing promo.
I have the 10x42 diamondbacks they are great for the price.

Check out Alpen Optics too,best glass for the $ in my book. Also check Sierra Trading Post,I picked up some excellent Steiners for less than half price.

The Zen Ray's or the Vortex would be in your price range and BOTH have a great warranty.

Keep in mind, "but don't want to waste my money on garbage", most of the glass in that price range will be less than stellar, saving up for a few years would benefit you in the long run instead of spending 3-500 every few years... Just a thought.

Ended up getting the Vortex Diamondbacks for 230$ on eBay. I plan on taking them out tomorrow night for an evening looking for deer and elk. Thanks for the info guys!

I got a pair for my son. I believe you made the right choice. We have Monarchs,Vortexs and Leicas. Next to my Leicas I would look threw the vortex then the Monarchs last.

I should of bought the diamondback's, but i forked out more cash for the viper's not sure how much better they are o well they are both sweet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom