Best binos for eyeglasses?

born_2_hunt

I'm looking to buy a new pair of binos. I have some nikon monarch 10x42's but wanna step it up to the next level, $500-$1000 range. I wear glasses and need a pair that'll work for my crappy eyes. Anyone have any advice?

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Learn to use your binos WITHOUT your glasses on.

The best pair on the planet give you about 50% of what you get without glasses.

I don't wear my glasses to shoot either.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

II'm sure whether to wear glasses or not depends on WHY you wear them in the first place. I have an astigmatism and didnt have much "learning" to not use them.

I use a pair of Leica 10 x 42 trinovids and I can hold my own when it comes to seeing stuff.

Yes, astigmatism is another story. Look for long eye relief. You'll really have to try them out to know.

I've tried to use them without glasses but cant see near as good as when I have them on. I have keratoconus in both eyes, my left being the worst, so its hard see worth a crap without glasses. Plus I get insane headaches if I look through binos for a long period of time without out them on.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Geez, you're the first I've heard diagnosed with keratoconus besides myself. I also have terrible asigmatism, nearsightedness, and cataracts in both eyes as I've gotten older. So far I've escaped surgery, but it's probably coming down the line in the next few years if anything gets worse. Right now they're correctible to about 20/40 and are about 20/400 without my glasses, so they definitely have to stay on when I use Binos too!

Hmmmm... I do feel yer pain born. Since your glasses are necessary with your experience, you need to focus (no pun intended ;-)) on eye relief (exit pupil distance). The longer the better with 17 probably being the minimum. With your price range there are plenty of binocs out there that can fit your bill. Edge to edge clarity/sharpness is really important in reducing eye strain and headaches when using for long periods of time. You would probably be better off testing various mid/higher quality range glasses out and see what works best for you. Take em outside if possible and give them a good workout. Best of luck to you!

www.unitedwildlifecooperative.org

I also have Kerataconas and can't see crap without my glasses on. I can't even see that great out of swaro's. We are just screwed.

>Geez, you're the first I've heard
>diagnosed with keratoconus besides myself.
> I also have terrible
>asigmatism, nearsightedness, and cataracts in
>both eyes as I've gotten
>older. So far I've
>escaped surgery, but it's probably
>coming down the line in
>the next few years if
>anything gets worse. Right
>now they're correctible to about
>20/40 and are about 20/400
>without my glasses, so they
>definitely have to stay on
>when I use Binos too!
>
The sad thing is im only 27. I just hope it doesnt get worse.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

I have severe kerataconas. Glasses only help a little. I have to use hard contacts that squish my eye back in shape. With the contacts I am pushing 20/20.
If you can handle hard contacts the bino problem is solved.

I wear glasses all the time.
I'm using Swarovski 10x42 SLC, these may be outside your budget but they have worked very well for me.
Good luck I hope you are successful in your search!

I think i found the pair i want. I think im gonna go with the Ziess Conquest 10x42 HD's. Its either those or the Vortex Vipers but leaning towards Ziess. Thanks for all the imput.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

I for

I have Zeiss Conquest 10x40 and I wear glasses with them..They are awesome. Buy the floor models returns from Cameraland when they are offered. Cameraland.com

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I too have Keratacones. My vision is 20/220 uncorrected. I have not personally had any issues with binos. every pair I have looked at with my glasses have worked just fine. You can't go wrong with the euros for under a 1000$. I would rather go blind then wear hard contacts my whole life.

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!" -Harry S. Truman

Just ordered the Conquests off ebay NIB with free shipping for 900. Pretty sweet deal considering Sportsmans wanted $1200 for them.
4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom