Best bows around $500

antlerless

Hey guys I was hoping to get another season out of my bow but it finally gave up the ghost! I need to get another one asap. The only problem is I don't have alot to spend on it. What bows would you guys suggest for a package around $500? Or any shops in utah that could help me with a good deal?

---------------------------------------
"you can't fix stupid"

There are a few great bows for that price range.
PSE Bow madness is a really good one.
Hoyt Turbohawk is really good
I think mathews has a line called Mission? I am sure they are great also.
Lots of options these days just get to a shop and check them out.
Also i think hoyt has a 50 dollar rebate on turbohawks right now.

Bucks and bulls may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!

I would check out the classifieds at Archery Talk. Lots of guys on there selling 1-2 year old bows. You could get a complete setup for that price and still have some leftover for a box of arrows.

I picked up my alphamax off of ebay for $550.00....but you probably don't have that kind of time. The turbohawk as mentioned would be an awesome bow. I also hear a lot of good things about the Bear's that cabelas' has.

+1 chubbytuna,
Last year I got a brand new Hoyt Vectrix for 200.00 from an archery store In Louisiana through archerytalk. I paid over the phone and he sent it out that day.

The Hoyt turbo hawk is hard to beat with a $50.00 rebate right now. Diamond makes some good bows at that price point just like mission, PSE, Bear, Parker and Ross. Archery talk does have some good buys but make sure you get measured for any bow you want to buy to make sure you won't have to buy cams and cables etc which can add additional $$$ to the cost.

Checkout ebay, Our group picked up a real nice top of the line one year old Bowtech (bow only) for under $500.00 this past year for someone just starting out...

There are alot of dealers on that site where you can go pre-owned or new and can get the bow shipped overnight if you pay extra. If you see one you like purchase via the "buy now" procedure. You get the bow in two days.

Since you already have a bow you can get a great bow purchased as "bow only" and transfer your gear to the new bow. Just have the shop set the bow draw lenght for you prior to shipping.

Good Luck

Another + for Archery Talk! I just picked up a 2010 Hoyt Alphaburner from a guy in Indiana for $625 shipped! He said he had shot it about 50 times. The bow is in mint condition and I couldn't be happier! My local shop here in St George (UT) has the exact same bow new for $950! :eek:

you could also try calling around to your local archery shops... Now and then they will have used rigs that they are trying to sale... You never know when you may get lucky and get a sweet deal on something, plus you would not have to wait for shipping.

Another +1 for ArcheryTalk!

I got a 2k9 Admiral that had barely been used for $450 shipped! Alot of times, people just want the Latest and Greatest so they buy a new bow each couple of months or a new one very year, so you can get some pretty good deals in the Clasified section.

If you go this route, don't be afraid to throw a "not too low" lowball offer...ESPECIALLY if the bow has been on there for a few days/weeks and you can seee lots of threads on the post lowering the price from time to time. That is usually someone getting desparate and willing to negotiate for a quick sale.

?-ERock-> ?

Sportsworld in Ely Nevada is blowing out Hoyt bows!

2010 Hoyt Maxis, Fuse Carbon stabilizer, Fuse Quiver, and new Wisker Biscuit......$650!!!!!

Ed

I picked up a new Alphamax 32 for $570 on ebay. I would say new from a dealer, the Assault from Bear.

Dillon

KSL.com... Classifieds... here in Utah.... You could get a used bow, with everything for that price...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-10 AT 02:20PM (MST)[p]I just bought a mathews mission bow this spring. It was a huge step up from my old bow 16 years old and using fingers had replaced the limbs once, I have killed a number of elk with this old bow but this new bow is very nice. I bought a bow package for around 600 with 6 arrows. Its hard to buy a used bow unless you know what your looking for and you know it can be fitted and adjusted to your bow lenght ect?

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

Hoyt turbohawk is a great one. Also look into martins. They shoot great i used to shoot them. Thats what ted nugent uses.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom