Best camo?

ELKOHUNTER

Very Active Member
What do you think is the best camo patt out there? I use/like MAX-1HD. But I'm kinda starting to wonder about how well it works... Thoughts?

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

I like the Max-1 camo. The best camo I have worn for deer and elk hunting is predator green deception works extremely well in the high country or the pinyon juniper forests I hunt. Though it doesnt look as good to the human eye on a store shelf believe me it is great stuff your invisible to deer and elk.

green_deceptionlg.jpg

I have herd the Predator line is good. I have never tryed it.

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

I don't know that there is a best. Color/tone similar to the area your in. No movement is the best camo. If an animal pegs you moving, camo or not, it's vigilance is heightened.

I use the ASAT camo and love it. Like Predetor you flat out dissapear as long as the animal doesn't see movement.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

Depends on the area and the hunt season. Predator green is the best for high alpine bow hunting. The predator brown is good for drier or later season hunts. I also use and like Kings Desert Shadow and Mountain Shadow patterns for certain areas and hunts.

Yes but some do it better then others.

I agree with whatever is mostly brown tones works the best. Most tree trunks are brown. I like Realtree AP, Max 1, and a couple others that escape my mind.
WVBOWAK

I agree with DeadI. I use ASAT and love it. Thought hard about it and Preditor and went with the ASAT. Both work great.

Jeff

+1 PREDATOR!!!!

The predator blends in very well!!!!!

.....or the ghille suit in the cab of a truck ;-)

"Carhart pants and a brown plaid flannel.... "

The first several years bowhunting, I wore an old pair of brown wool slacks and a plaid shirt. Had as many close encounters then as I have since with the camos. Camos are just too cheap not to buy.

I love my camo when hunting coyotes, but for the big game I've worn jeans about as much as anything . Especially if I have to wear orange anyway. I think I worry about smell more than being seen.

I like the cabelas outfitter camo myself, but I still usually have carhart pants on half the time. As it has already been mentioned, not having your movement detected at all is the best camo there is. I normally don't hunt in tree stands so I haven't really worried about camo patterns to much.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom