BEST CAMOFLAUGE FOR MULEYS!!!!!!!

• Thread starter sharpshooter2005
  • Start date
S

sharpshooter2005

TO ALL THE HUNTERS. I JUST WANTED SOME FEED BACK ON WHICH CAMOFLAUGE IS THE BEST TO USE IN A NORHTERN AZ HUNT. IN THE MONTH OF OCTOBER. WITH TEMP. DRASTICALLY CHANGING FORM 30 DEGREES TO BELOW 10 DEGREES. AND WHY YOU WOULD USE IT AND THE PRICES THAT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.... PLEASE REPLY BACK. SINCERELY, SS2005

Sounds funny, but for open country, I love the shadow grass type patterns if I wear camo. I just got some of the Rivers West stuff (Waterproof, windproof, stretchable, awesome). Stuff is unbelievable and quiet.

That stuff will be great in the snow and rain, but for clear days I go with a good long underwear under tan carhartt pants, and a light colored fleece top (tan, sage).

No camo pattern will work if the wind isn't in your face, or if you sky line yourself or move quickly or with herky jerky actions. If they catch movement, scent, or noise your screwed no matter what you have on. Go slow, and play the wind. Wear whatever makes you comfortable enough to follow these rules.

five_point_buck
C.B.C.S.

Hey Five_Point,

I haven't seen you on here lately. I was wondering if you still visited the sight. If I remember correctly, you and your family or hunting partners hunt the same private ground in Colorado every year. I'm interested in looking into a lease up there, and would like to pick your brain about it if you don't mind. When you have a chance, email me at:

[email protected]

Thanks,

WH

In my opinion the best camo pattern all around for AZ is Kings Desert Shadow. Its got a great breakup, its made to blend with the lighter colored plant life out here. They also have a forest shadow that looks good also. If you are rifle hunting you won't have to worry too much about quiet and they make all the parkas, gators and everything else you'd need.

Also, which unit up north are you hunting? Believe it or not the terrain veries alot. It can be Juniper/Cedar rim country or Ponderosa forest or even high desert.

Predetor is also a great one. If you're hunting the pines, I've seen alot of guys use the green predator tops and brown predator bottoms. That will give you even better shade break up.

Of course I've seen guys wearing jeans and a red hoodie take some great bucks!

Whatever unit you are in, look for the broken transition areas mixing from pine to Juniper/Cedar. Then if it snows follow the snowline down. It doesn't get below 10 degrees too often unless you're up above 9000 ft. Not that it doesn't happen, because it does and its better to be on the safe side but don't count on it. If you are hunting Juniper/Cedar country you're probably looking at 30 to 40 degree mornings and in the pines it'll be 5 to 10 degrees cooler than that. Bring alot of thermals for the mornings with regular old camos and you'll be fine. If you buy the polar fleece stuff you'll get way too hot by 10:00am.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Donnie

Advantage Max - 1 Open Terrain. Can get at any Sportman's Warehouse/Bass Pro. Won't set you back to much. Works great in New Mexico should work equally as well in your part of the country.

IMHO....
ASAT or Pedator deception is perfect out here in the west. It tends to blend in with the tans and browns, as well as breaking up the human profile.

Stop Global Whining

I think just about any of it works the same. Just depends on what kind of country your hunting.

BEST CAMOFLAUGE FOR MULEYS!!!!..

Don't give them anymore, they are already hard enough to find.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom