Best Compact Spotter Nikon-Kowa-Minox?

sagefrog

I am thinking of picking up a compact spotter this spring, and am curious what everyones thoughts are on these three.

Nikon 13-30x50 ED Angled

Kowa TS501 20-40x50 Angled

Minox MD 16-30x 50 W

I have good things about Kowa optics, but never had a chance to look through any. How does their quality compare? Is the nikon worth double the price? How is the warranty department of Kowa and Minox to deal with?

Thanks,
Sagefrog

I own the Nikon ED50 and think it is a great scope - very light and great clarity. As expected, it is not as good as my Swaro 65 in low light and longer distances, but it holds its own - especially considering its size. Eastmans Bowhunting Journal had a review on this scope in its last issue written by Nate Simmons - you ought to check it out.

+1 I have the ED50 and love it. I like the fact that you can change and swap the eye pieces with thier other ED scopes. All I want now is the ED82 for glassing near the truck and I'm set.

I own the Minox MD50 13x30. Just as light weight as the ED50 for about 1/3 the price with very little drop off in quality. Germany beats out Japan in overall value in this one.

JR

just a thought, Leupold gold ring scopes. all are real somall and amazing quality. take a look

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom