Best daypack only, gonna get a freighter seperate.

flyingbrass

Really need to upgrade my daypack. It is 1250cu and too small. I'm probably going to get a bullpac or mystery ranch loadsling to pack heavy stuff out after the kill. I think I'd be better off using a lighter weight pack on a daily basis. I was going to get the J104 but think they look uncomfortable when loaded down since the weight is too far back.
cold dead hands

I bought a cheap 60 pack from Cabelas, Camelpak Striker. I sling it over my bullpac and when I get to my hunting area I stash it in the woods, and hunt with my daypack. I archery hunt so the bullpac is too big to shoot with it on.

The J104 is a good pack, I have packed out quite a few animals with it, and has been pretty comfortable, You might want to look at some packs that can be expanded from a day pack to a frieghter, To me theres nothing worse than killing an animal a long hike from the road and having to hike out just to go get a different pack, if you have a pack that can expand you can load up you cape and meat and take it with you on the first trip,and save yourself some time and effort.

You are probably right but weight of the pack is the big downside. I've been using the Cabela's Elite Scout Pack size large and really like it but it is too small but only weights 2.5 lbs. I need something a little better but not 8lbs either. cold dead hands

I use the Badlands Hypervent. It is very comfortable and packs all the gear i need. I also used it to pack out 3 deer quarters (2 inside, 1 strapped on the outside). Worked awesome.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-08 AT 10:51PM (MST)[p]If the j104 is heavier than what your looking for, take a look at the eberlestock gunslinger, I have one of those as well, great day pack, I even use it for short pack in trips 3 days or less but its light enough for a day pack. The MR packs are built really good as well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom