Best Ford dealership in Utah?

dryflyelk

After 3 Tundras in a row, I'm thinking my next truck will likely be an F150 with the ecoboost. I live near the Garff Ford dealership in American Fork. I've never dealt with another Ford dealership.

I know quite a few of you are ford truck guys - who has treated you the best and given you the best deals? I'd even drive to a neighboring state if the deal was good enough.

I'm also deciding on whether to go for a '13, '14 or wait for the new '15.

Vi Et Armis Invictus Maneo

Go with Chevy, you won't be sorry!

BEST FORD dealership... Oxymoron! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Chevy can't even keep both headlights glowing in their new trucks......

The new 2015 Ford F-150 is going to have an aluminum body with the reduced weight resulting in better gas mileage.

Hey Uncle sage!

Better Buy you a New Chevy & Turn it in to a Work/Service Truck!

The Last one I set up cost 75K the time I got the Service Bed on it & Stocked with Tools & Parts!

It's got 93K Miles on it already!

Then when it's all said & Done Obama takes anything you thought you made!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I'm glad for you Bess, you must be doing good and it's very nice to hear that! I'm in a different situation altogether with where i live, how far i'm willing to travel, and how many other plumbers there are about. My CPA says i'm losing money each year or holding my own instead of making any. I do have decent cash flow for the necessities but certainly no new trucks for me unless i could someday see paying cash for one.

My 30 year old GMC utility rig is still one of the better looking rigs on the road, IMO, and she's not dripping fluids or burning oil. If she were a tad stronger and got better than the 8-9 MPG i have to feed her, i'd say she was about perfect. She just turned 105,000 miles, a baby, and i keep stocked on her, just about everything that i could possibly need for a service call.

I'd maybe replace my 32 year old 1500 Camper truck though with a used GMC or Chevy. She's still strong as hell and climbs like a cat when locked in but I'm liking the 8-12 year old models, just getting broken in, hardly used, and you can pick them up very reasonable. Them Vortec's do pretty good on gas and aside the computer, they are still a nice riding but fairly tuff truck.

I got buds that bought new Fords a few years ago, they got paint peeling off, look like ready for the scrapper, and you couldn't give one to me for the expenses they went through to keep them on the road.

To each their own. Buy what you want Guys! For my money though, i'll buy and enjoy GM.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Ever see an ambulance by Chevrolet?
Saving human lives are even trusted with Ford all across the country and always has been.

Get well soon!!

Joey

Hmmm. I guess most of you read "best ford dealership in Utah?" as "what's your favorite brand of truck?"

Vi Et Armis Invictus Maneo

Sorry but when i read,.. " I'm thinking my next truck will likely be an F150 with the ecoboost"

...means your are still in the thinking stage. Generally when thinking about a big purchase like a new rig, all input is good. Buy what you want!!

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to give an opinion, i'm done with this!

Joey

WVHUNTER said: The new 2015 Ford F-150 is going to have an aluminum body with the reduced weight resulting in better gas mileage.

That might be true BUT what happens when said vehicle has or is in a wreck....not much protection and will they really BEEF UP THE FRAME to handle the impact....think about that. Our lunch group the other day had this very same discussion. GMC/CHEVY has said they might go that way maybe down the road in 5 years or so.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

If you can wait a few months, you should be able to get a great deal on a '14 towards the end of the year. There was some really good deals on '13s last year around Christmas time. I shopped hard last year, and Ken Garff in AF has the best deals. Haven't bought yet, probably wait for the year end closeouts!

2a0fcsk.gif

Well Uncle Sage!

I sure the Hell Ain't getting Rich!

I Run em about 250,000 Miles & it's time for another Truck!

I can't be Screwin around with a Truck in the Garage/Shop!

1-1/2 to 2 Tanks of Diesel a week Average,This Dirty Max is a Thirsty SOB!

Guess I shouldn't complain!

After removing the Obama Pipe & putting a Programmer on it,it's averaging 12-13 MPG on Winter Blend Fuel and 14-15 MPG on Summer Fuel Calculated with a Calculator using exact Mileage & Exact Gallons!(That's with an Egg between your Foot & the Throttle Pedal!:D)

I Got Spoiled I guess with a CUMMINS that would Pull 17 to 19 MPG with a Heavier Load,Ya I know,the Newer CUMMINS are Thirsty too!

Amazing, We are Suppose to be conserving Energy,But these newer Diesels are way Thirstier now than they were 10 years ago!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Well this morning when I made a few places I needed to go I decided to drive down to the local FORD agency and just see what they have on lot. Well at those prices I just about walked off and a "salesman" asked if I needed help. I said YEA, a bank loan or TWO...he laughed. I asked him if they have a Truck Brochure so I could look over and see what options were available with a certain 4x4.
His reply was they (meaning FORD) do not have them anymore everything is online. I said what if I don't know or have a computer, he said a sales person can sit down with you and go over all the options.
At that point I said I like to do my looking and at home in the easy chair.
He then said can't help you there.

Get this Bessy...a 2014 F-250 4x4 crewcab with a POWERSTROKE with all the bells and whisles was out the door for $78,000.00
Hell that would make a good down payment on a hunting parcel somewhere out of state.....NO THANKS.

Hell they had a 4x2 Ford Thunder or something like that with a 6 cylinder ECO-BOOST for almost $40K........I will stick with my GMC that has 146,000 miles and no problems yet. Overton will say I own an OBAMAMOBILE since he bailed GM out a few years ago...LOL

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Loaded Eco-Boosts are right at 50K!

78K for a STROKER Huh?

New Truck Prices will just about make you PUKE!

I might be drivin the PISSCUTTIN Rig for a while longer!

I'll wait till New Trucks cost 100K!:D

>Loaded Eco-Boosts are right at 50K!
>
>
>78K for a STROKER Huh?
>
>New Truck Prices will just about
>make you PUKE!
>
>I might be drivin the PISSCUTTIN
>Rig for a while longer!
>
>
>I'll wait till New Trucks cost
>100K!:D
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red
>Hot Barrel & My Dead
>Cold Hands I Shall go
>down Fighting for American Pride
>& Rights!
>I Know I'm Out Numbered by
>Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll
>Throw Their Hands in the
>air & I know I
>can't Lick the U.S. Military
>by Myself when they Turn
>on us but I'll make
>
>you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a
>Situation where I Hope to
>Hell All Americans become True
>Americans once again & Stand
>up for their Rights!

Button down the hatches. Inflation is just getting a good start.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Look on car and drivers review (you tube) of the dodge ram eco-diesel. If I was in the market for a 1/2 ton truck....I would look at this truck. Pulling over 26 mpgs. I know some aren't dodge fans. But that mileage is pretty impressive. The truck will run you just less than the 3/4 ton but if you don't need that heavy duty of a truck...looks like it would be nice. Only reason I'm throwing this out there is I have a few friends not at all happy with their eco-boost fords. Say they have boost....just no eco
good luck with whatever you choose

I've drove the Eco-Boost!

Not Bad for a V-6 I Guess!

They should keep it in the TAURUS'S!

And Build a V-8 Eco-Boost for the F-150's!

They Bragg 20-22 MPG on the V-6 Eco-Boost F-150 but 16.5-17 MPG was the Best I could get and that was with My Foot out of it!:D

No,I Don't always believe the Digital Read-Outs or the Commercials you see on TV!

The new Ram ecodiesel gets great mileage, and would be fine for everyday use, but.... put a heavy trailer behind it, and the F150 ecoboost would walk all over it.
The only other half ton motor I would consider if you tow heavy loads is GM's newest 6.2. Toyota, Nissan, and Ram just don't hang in the towing department.

2a0fcsk.gif

Might wanna check the Fuel Mileage on that GM 6.2!

Know a Guy that has one & He Ain't Happy!

I know a Guy that has the Ford Raptor with a 6.2(I Think?) Loves the Truck & the Mileage on it SUCKS Also!

I've got an Old,Wore Out,Beat Up,F'ed Up 460 that'll pull better Mileage than a lot of these New SOB's!

Thanks again Obama!

WAFJ!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-14 AT 08:54PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-14 AT 08:40?PM (MST)

>Well this morning when I made
>a few places I needed
>to go I decided to
>drive down to the local
>FORD agency and just see
>what they have on lot.
> Well at those prices
>I just about walked off
>and a "salesman" asked if
>I needed help. I
>said YEA, a bank loan
>or TWO...he laughed. I
>asked him if they have
>a Truck Brochure so I
>could look over and see
>what options were available with
>a certain 4x4.
>His reply was they (meaning FORD)
>do not have them anymore
>everything is online. I
>said what if I don't
>know or have a computer,
>he said a sales person
>can sit down with you
>and go over all the
>options.
>At that point I said I
>like to do my looking
>and at home in the
>easy chair.
>He then said can't help you
>there.
>
>Get this Bessy...a 2014 F-250 4x4
>crewcab with a POWERSTROKE with
>all the bells and whisles
>was out the door for
>$78,000.00
>Hell that would make a good
>down payment on a hunting
>parcel somewhere out of state.....NO
>THANKS.
>
>Hell they had a 4x2 Ford
>Thunder or something like that
>with a 6 cylinder ECO-BOOST
>for almost $40K........I will stick
>with my GMC that has
>146,000 miles and no problems
>yet. Overton will say
>I own an OBAMAMOBILE since
>he bailed GM out a
>few years ago...LOL
>
>Brian
>http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

78K holy cow. I just got a 1 ton with all the stuff, except for a sun roof and I didn't pay nearly that much.

I printed off some adds, two from Seattle and one from Texas where a dealer was offering about 10K off MSRP, then took the adds to the two local dealers. We talked about cost of getting the truck v. travel (one way to Seattle is about $130), etc. and finally settled on a price about 9500 off MSRP.

One thing I learned during this process is that dealers will try to get you focused on the monthly payment v. cost of vehicle. I

Also, the KR and Platnum versions offer nothing to little in the way of anything other than cosmetic stuff over an XLT/Lariat.

In 2002 I got a Lariat. To get one similarly equipped, I would have to take something off an XL.

How bout a Pic of your Truck feddoc?

Tony
I'm not one to argue as I haven't driven one. BUT the eco diesel puts out torque which is what you need to tow. The horsepower and torque are pretty equivalent to the first cummins motors dodge brought out. Watch that you tube video with car and driver...this guy is a guy who actually prefers chevs and see what you think. He also hooks a 7500 lb trailer to the truck and is pretty impressed with its performance. Plus it has an 8 speed auto tranny which I'm sure helps on the towing side. Only thing I didn't like was they do not have an exhaust brake on it.
They are putting them in the jeep Cherokee right now.

>Tony
>I'm not one to argue as
>I haven't driven one. BUT
>the eco diesel puts out
>torque which is what you
>need to tow. The horsepower
>and torque are pretty equivalent
>to the first cummins motors
>dodge brought out. Watch that
>you tube video with car
>and driver...this guy is a
>guy who actually prefers chevs
>and see what you think.
>He also hooks a 7500
>lb trailer to the truck
>and is pretty impressed with
>its performance. Plus it has
>an 8 speed auto tranny
>which I'm sure helps on
>the towing side. Only thing
>I didn't like was they
>do not have an exhaust
>brake on it.
>They are putting them in the
>jeep Cherokee right now.

It looks like a great motor for the every day joe that tows smaller trailers on the weekends, should get pretty good mileage with the 8 speed. Here is the Jeep with the ecodiesel towing, vs the F150 ecoboost,same trailer, same driver. not sure what tranny the Jeep has? Anyways, the F150 is abour 4.5 seconds faster 0-60 with the boat on the back.

Jeep..

F150 (about 4:00 in)

And the same truck with 10k lbs going up to the Eisenhower tunnel in Colorado.

Like I said earlier, if a guy tows heavier loads, the ecoboost, or the new 6.2 look like the way to go. Also, newsflash for Bess, trucks that make lots of power for towing don't get very good mileage :D

2a0fcsk.gif

NEWSFLASH For Tony!:D

Once you've Towed with a Truck that Produces 1,000 foot lbs of Torque & does get Decent Mileage doing it you'll be Spoiled for Life!

And I've never been Spoiled By a Gas Engine While Towing a Heavy Load!:D:D:D

>NEWSFLASH For Tony!:D
>
>Once you've Towed with a Truck
>that Produces 1,000 foot lbs
>of Torque & does get
>Decent Mileage doing it you'll
>be Spoiled for Life!
>
>And I've never been Spoiled By
>a Gas Engine While Towing
>a Heavy Load!:D:D:D

Mine makes about 400hp/800lbs torque. So far in mostly hwy driving I am getting a measured 17.8 per gallon.

>>NEWSFLASH For Tony!:D
>>
>>Once you've Towed with a Truck
>>that Produces 1,000 foot lbs
>>of Torque & does get
>>Decent Mileage doing it you'll
>>be Spoiled for Life!
>>
>>And I've never been Spoiled By
>>a Gas Engine While Towing
>>a Heavy Load!:D:D:D
>
>
>Mine makes about 400hp/800lbs torque.
>So far in mostly hwy
>driving I am getting a
>measured 17.8 per gallon.

Quit Screwin Off & Get that Obama Pipe Plucked!

Take the Obama Juice Off!

Get a Programmer!

7" Straight Pipe!

And Let it Breathe/Run!:D

>NEWSFLASH For Tony!:D
>
>Once you've Towed with a Truck
>that Produces 1,000 foot lbs
>of Torque & does get
>Decent Mileage doing it you'll
>be Spoiled for Life!
>
>And I've never been Spoiled By
>a Gas Engine While Towing
>a Heavy Load!:D:D:D
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red
>Hot Barrel & My Dead
>Cold Hands I Shall go
>down Fighting for American Pride
>& Rights!
>I Know I'm Out Numbered by
>Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll
>Throw Their Hands in the
>air & I know I
>can't Lick the U.S. Military
>by Myself when they Turn
>on us but I'll make
>
>you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a
>Situation where I Hope to
>Hell All Americans become True
>Americans once again & Stand
>up for their Rights!

I've owned a modded Diesel pickup, it did have awesome power! Just can't justify the cost of purchase, or the cost of ownership anymore. With todays half tons being to actually pull 10k comfortably, I don't see myself going the diesel route anytime soon.
2a0fcsk.gif

I couldn't find the towing capacity of the 2014 Prius, but they do have this:

Solar Roof

If you want to stay cool, park in the sun. The available Solar Roof is embedded with solar panels that can power a fan to circulate ambient air through the cabin when Prius is parked in direct sunlight. This feature helps keep cabin air temperature close to that of the outside air for a more comfortable return to the vehicle.

Eel

>>NEWSFLASH For Tony!:D
>>
>>Once you've Towed with a Truck
>>that Produces 1,000 foot lbs
>>of Torque & does get
>>Decent Mileage doing it you'll
>>be Spoiled for Life!
>>
>>And I've never been Spoiled By
>>a Gas Engine While Towing
>>a Heavy Load!:D:D:D
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red
>>Hot Barrel & My Dead
>>Cold Hands I Shall go
>>down Fighting for American Pride
>>& Rights!
>>I Know I'm Out Numbered by
>>Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll
>>Throw Their Hands in the
>>air & I know I
>>can't Lick the U.S. Military
>>by Myself when they Turn
>>on us but I'll make
>>
>>you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a
>>Situation where I Hope to
>>Hell All Americans become True
>>Americans once again & Stand
>>up for their Rights!
>
>I've owned a modded Diesel pickup,
>it did have awesome power!
>Just can't justify the cost
>of purchase, or the cost
>of ownership anymore. With todays
>half tons being to actually
>pull 10k comfortably, I don't
>see myself going the diesel
>route anytime soon.
>
2a0fcsk.gif

Hey Tony?

Don't Ya Think New Rigs should be getting Better Mileage than they did 10 years ago?

Instead of Worse Mileage?

I Can't Believe a few Manufacturers are not getting Sued with False Mileage Advertisements!

The ECO-BOOST I drove would get 16.5 down the Hi-Way with an Egg between my foot & the Throttle Pedal!

Not Impressed with the Fuel Mileage!

It Needs more Low RPM Power!

It's a FRICKEN Car Engine!

Build a V-8 ECO-BOOST & you might have something!

Bess, the ecoboost makes 90% of it's 420 lb ft at 1700 rpm, no other half ton is even close when it comes to low end torque. This is the reason they tow heavy loads so well, better than v8's with 2 or 3 more liters of displacement.

If you want a v8 ecoboost, the closest I know of is the Roush raptor, supercharged 6.2 at 600hp! No, it won't get good mileage either!

2a0fcsk.gif

>>>NEWSFLASH For Tony!:D
>>>
>>>Once you've Towed with a Truck
>>>that Produces 1,000 foot lbs
>>>of Torque & does get
>>>Decent Mileage doing it you'll
>>>be Spoiled for Life!
>>>
>>>And I've never been Spoiled By
>>>a Gas Engine While Towing
>>>a Heavy Load!:D:D:D
>>
>>
>>Mine makes about 400hp/800lbs torque.
>>So far in mostly hwy
>>driving I am getting a
>>measured 17.8 per gallon.
>
>
>Quit Screwin Off & Get that
>Obama Pipe Plucked!
>
>Take the Obama Juice Off!
>
>Get a Programmer!
>
>7" Straight Pipe!
>
>And Let it Breathe/Run!:D
Bess,

I am just a poor government employee and can't afford that chit. Do you think slick will loan me the money?

Ya!

The Raptor with a ROUSCH or HENESSY Racing Package would be Sweet!

Thirsty Basatards though!

They sure sound & Run Sweet!

I shouldn't be knockin the ECO-BOOST!

It just Ain't as Mean as Most people Think it is!

Like I said!

It'd be a Good Engine in the TAURUS!

Anybody got any Clips of the FORD ECO-BOOST Versus the DODGE Charger in the UHP Cars?

>>>>NEWSFLASH For Tony!:D
>>>>
>>>>Once you've Towed with a Truck
>>>>that Produces 1,000 foot lbs
>>>>of Torque & does get
>>>>Decent Mileage doing it you'll
>>>>be Spoiled for Life!
>>>>
>>>>And I've never been Spoiled By
>>>>a Gas Engine While Towing
>>>>a Heavy Load!:D:D:D
>>>
>>>
>>>Mine makes about 400hp/800lbs torque.
>>>So far in mostly hwy
>>>driving I am getting a
>>>measured 17.8 per gallon.
>>
>>
>>Quit Screwin Off & Get that
>>Obama Pipe Plucked!
>>
>>Take the Obama Juice Off!
>>
>>Get a Programmer!
>>
>>7" Straight Pipe!
>>
>>And Let it Breathe/Run!:D
>Bess,
>
>I am just a poor government
>employee and can't afford that
>chit. Do you think
>slick will loan me the
>money?

Na!

Slick could Loan it to you!

But then He'd be afraid of you making him Inhale!:D

If Dodge woulda went with the New CUMMINS 5.0 V-8 Diesel you mighta had something in the 1/2 ton!

I guess NISSAN Slicked it up!

Twice the Engine the 3.0 Engine Dodge is using will ever be!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom