Best Guide for Valles Caldera

Lawrence

I intend to buy some lottery tickets for the 2008 Valles Caldera non-resident, guided elk hunt. Who would you guys recommend as your top choice for a registered guide/outfitter on the Caldera?

Hi

the valles caldera have some top guides, maybe you can ask them direct for reference.

maybe ask for JFWRC..he have website..

good luck!

vinihunt

The only reason you would need a guide there is to increase your draw odds a little bit, other than that if you are a hunter save your money the elk are plentiful. I have one guide I would not recommend you shouldn't use but won't publicly bash him so PM me if you want to know. I saw first hand what he did to a client there this last fall and it cost his hunter the hunt. nwhunter

Randy Slaughter , Wild Horse Outfitters....You'll find elk with a blind guide there in the Valle , but Randy will work his tail off trying to get you on a bull you will be happy putting your tag on..If you would like to use him, you'll have to contact him early as he runs the elk hunts up at the Lodge of Chama...

Only reason to get a guide for there is to improve your odds and thats a pretty good reason.

The other thing if you dont see a lot of elk on a regular basis a good guide will help you judge the bulls.

2 years ago I watched a guided hunter bring in a 260 bull on opening morning because the guide told him it was a shooter. So make sure your guide knows what you expect and can judge elk as well.

On the Valle Caldera a 300+ bull is a very reasonable expectation and 330 is a shooter.

NMPaul, the Valle people have your wifes bull picture displayed at thier display at the Bob Gerding outdoor Show ...They also have one of Cookies daughter in law/ niece(not sure just know they are family)....Come on Lady Luck!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom