Best head camera

monstermuleyhunter

Looking into buying a Camera or head mount system of some type for recording what I see....GoPro? Solvid? let me know what you guys like and dislike.

"I'll see you all this coming fall in the Big Rock Candy Mountains!"

I have a solid set up and a Panasonic camera that they recommended. I like it way better than the go pro. It takes a little getting used to it. If you hunt solo they are both hard to make sure they are pointing the right way. A hunting partner is important to ensure things are set right. I really like the little Panasonic I got for a hand held tripod camera as well.

Hmmmm......I have always had success with any hand held camera that will focus well at about 24 inches......

1283eagle_government.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-21-14 AT 00:30AM (MST)[p]Coloradoboy,

Do you have any hunting videos using your GoPro? I got one as a gift and returned it after watching some hunting videos on the web. In the videos i saw, the lack of a zoom made them relatively useless in most hunting scenarios. I'm sure there are good videos out there, i just haven't seen any.

They appear to be awesome for other purposes, such as fishing. But not that great for hunting. I hope someone proves me wrong, as i was initially excited to get one.

If they add a zoom feature in the future, i will buy it.

IMO, the only way to go is with a small HD camcorder, not an action cam like GoPro because of the fish eye lens.

Solvid makes a headcam strap system to mount it on. You can use it as well for GoPro, cell phones and whatever.

I don't like a front mounted head cam, because with a bow, when you shoot, your head isn't pointing at the target, so this allows you to keep it straight for the stalk, and then turn it for the shot.
It also allows you take it off immediately after the shot and record handheld and zoom in.
I videod my archery buck kill last year and unfortunately my little camorder sucked. So I have the headmount system again for this year and a new camera that is awesome.
I'd recommend the mount, and also getting used to how it's going to function before the hunt.
I've chatted a bunch with the owner Chris Jackson and he's as stand up as they come. He and his bro are pounding the hills year round getting sick footage with this.

Here's a link to my footage...
https://vimeo.com/76419313

And then here is Solvid's web page and they have TONS of clips of them killing animals with it on.
http://solvidsystems.com/videos/hunting/
http://solvidsystems.com/

>>>---->
For the love of the game

Good luck with the Head Cam. I think they are literally "better than nothing"... but that's about it. If you want good footage of your hunt, you gotta become freakin Remi Warren or some of those other SOLO Hunter dudes. Tripods and everything... But they blow hunts trying to get a good shot. They can afford to...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom