best hunting stories

fisrtcoueswas80inches

Very Active Member
does anybody out there have any good hunting/outdoors stories? i have a couple that would be hard to beat. such as a mountain lion finishing off a friend of mines deer that he shot and a eagle killin a baby fawn. any other good ones out there?
casey

in the late 50's and early 60's you could get 2 deer a year in Az. one with a rifle and one with a bow. (actually, you could get 6, but it's a long story as to how) my dad bought an old bear grizzly recurve. 56#. he shot a half dozen coues and one muley with it. when i was in the 2nd grade, he had to watch me and my little brother one weekend, so he took us hunting with him. my brother was 3. he ended up getting a 3x3 coues buck that day and we got to watch the whole deal. he snuck up on a big rock and the buck was bedded under it, in some oak brush. shot straight down about 8'. buried the arrow to fletch. after we found it, he put it on his back and we headed for the truck. i carried the bow. we were almost to the truck when we jumped a bobcat. it jumped up on a rock a little ways in front of us. i handed the ol' man the bow and without setting the deer down, he arrowed the bobcat too. that day my ol' man was the greatest hunter ever, in my eyes.

I've got video of this. One lion and three dogs 150' deep into a mine shaft. The guy gets his camera and videos the dog recovery and then the lion at 5' lookin' him in the eye. Makes my butt pucker every time I watch it.

I just took my dad (71 years old) cow elk hunting a couple of weeks ago. He made a shot on a cow elk I'll never forget. 300 win mag'd her at an honest 450 yards. She was so far away I was helping him target her in the midst of 3 spikes. He couldn't see antlers on any of them. At the shot I saw her hump up and I knew his shot was good. He asked what the shot looked like and was excited when I told him she was hit. She was heart shot low in the chest. Maybe his last hunt.

Ed, www.swhounds.com

Great story edhunter, hope you have more hunts with your dad. My father passed away 6 years ago. Every time I go hunting I remember all the good times we had while hunting and fishing. I have my dad's last deer tag that he drew and I take it with me everytime I go deer hunting. Them bucks don't have a chance with two sets of eyes looking for them. Tom Fuentes

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom