best light weigt rain gear

cabinfever

Very Active Member
I'm looking to purchase some lightweight packable rain gear. It must be rugged and repell water 100%. I own the rivers west right now and while it repels rain well and is durable it is not breathable and is too heavy.I shredded the frogg toggs I tried the 1st day out and I've heard similar results with the cabelas packable rain gear. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Mike

I had the same problems w/the frogg toggs, destroyed them in one day. Sometimes seems like durable and light weight dont always go together. I just got a set of Cabelas space rain gear and tryed em out yesterday in the 3+" of rain we had here. They worked well, did'nt leak and seemed like they blocked the wind but still breathed. Tops and bottoms weighed in at 7 ounces, there thin material which makes them that light so I'm not sure how long they'll hold up but they should do the trick for early season backpack hunts. Most of the time we dont get any rain anyways but we do every couple years or so, so they are mostly light weight insurance......:)

If huntin is a sport.....Well your lookin at an athlete!

i dont know if it's the best, but mt50 is good stuff, a little pricey but worth the money. . .

I also have Rivers West but it is to hot sometimes so I bought the Cabela's light weight packable rain gear. I don't remember the name of it but the pants and the jacket weigh less then a pound and they fold up to about the size of a soda can. Now this is not their top of the line stuff but I used it this year and I'm very pleased with it so far. I only use it as a back up, I thro it in my pack and if it starts storming I have it.

Like I said I can't remember the name of it but it cost me about $64.00 per item.

Slide

Slide,

Is the Cabela's stuff called Space Rain? Been looking at this as back-up rain gear for the same reason; light and small, but does it work Ok?

Ed

47960fa467d08f1a.jpg