Best of Luck in Ye 'Ol 2012 Draw

nmelktrout

Very Active Member
Well, between 196 and a major Gila drought I can say that I am ready to say goodbye to the 2011 season and "Hola" to whatever the 2012 draw brings everyone. Best of luck and I can't wait to see some fresh pics. A special bit of luck to all you last minute website crashers!

Here's to hoping the 2012/2013 season is a slammer.

-Cody

www.streamflies.com

Tough decision for me to put up $7k+ this year, but decided one more year just to see the odds come next year. I wonder if NMDGF actually knows that it costs that much for a NR to apply?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-29-12 AT 11:25AM (MST)[p]I hear you Delmag, same boat. I'll be a broke ass if I draw more than 2 of what I put in for! I banged up my Ibex draw and had to withdraw and put it in twice. OUCH!

Good luck to everyone in the draws!

Threw in a Barbary Sheep application to bring it to a grand total of $8330!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Resident could hunt all the species that I appplied for annually for 10 YEARS STRAIGHT and still have money left over!!

Keeping my fingers crossed, would love to spend some time in the Gila chasing a bull and up in the Carson chasing some mulies. At the end of the day, tag or not, I am grateful for the opportunities New Mexico has for us sportsmen. Whether it be casting a dry fly to a big brown, trying to fool a smart coyote into range, picking up sheds, or tricking a nice Tom into thinking he is going to get some tail feather, NM is a great state to live the lifestyle I love. Cheers to another great year and best of luck to you all. Hopefully we cross paths in the woods (well most of you).

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Why don't you guys just use cabelas tags and save some money. You can apply for every sheep, elk, antelop, and deer in the west and spend less thatn 3 grand. If you tried to apply for idaho and states like that its all fees up front as well so NM isn't too far from the norm. I'm glad we went to all fees up front and now I just wish they would increase the non resident ibex, sheep, and oryx tags so that the residents can have better odds.

StinkyStomper,

If you annualize the $ that tags charges you to "front" the money it is actually a HUGELY expensive "loan"....to the tune of in excess of 60%!!!

It is just a staggering amount of money these days to go all in in all the western states these days.

NM no doubt is a target rich environment with some great people...it is just going to be hard to get back there as a NR!

and NM is the most expensive state of them all.....including Wyoming putting in for all the "Special" draws is the only one even close!

>Keeping my fingers crossed, would love
>to spend some time in
>the Gila chasing a bull
>and up in the Carson
>chasing some mulies. At the
>end of the day, tag
>or not, I am grateful
>for the opportunities New Mexico
>has for us sportsmen. Whether
>it be casting a dry
>fly to a big brown,
>trying to fool a smart
>coyote into range, picking up
>sheds, or tricking a nice
>Tom into thinking he is
>going to get some tail
>feather, NM is a great
>state to live the lifestyle
>I love. Cheers to another
>great year and best of
>luck to you all. Hopefully
>we cross paths in the
>woods (well most of you).
>
>
>
>Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean.
>Apologize to No One.
+1 Good Luck and Good Hunting to all!!

and NM is the most expensive state of them all.....including Wyoming putting in for all the "Special" draws is the only one even close

Guess you dont put in for NV.$142.00 NON REFUNDABLE License
$1200.00 Bull tag.Hell that almost covers elk,deer and ant here in NM.

I think it's expensive to put in for any out of state tags. Just makes you grimace worse when you pay up front, rather than if you pull the tag. All I know is that I can't wait for these stinking results to come out. Nice short wait period this year and props to the G&F for not letting the website crash and burn and extending the deadline.

Tags, tags, tags....
Cody

www.streamflies.com

It is what it is. Either apply or not.. You know the price and nobody is forcing you... I had to do the desert sheep to the tune of $3200 with the increased tags, so I didn't do anything else... But I wasn't doing sheep before... I have a limited budget and don't want to pay interest.. My choice. Wish our government could make hard choices like me :)

I do NV as well, for an upfront cost of around $250 for everything for a NR?

I am not whining, I am all in all the time...it just seems like alot to me?

NR did the same as you Delmag1942 without the Barbary Sheep! Been applying in NM for 15 or so years with my cousin. Like you, want to see what happens to the draw odds this year before I pull the plug. The license is refundable and SB196 didn't affect the quotas on Oryx, Sheep, and Ibex so there is still a little hope for us poor NRs!

Good luck in the drawing everyone!

Horniac

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom