Best place for Cabin

shelbys

Hey guys, I want your advice. My father in law wants to build a family cabin for hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, hiking, etc. He wants it in a mountain type setting, not a neighborhood with 13 other cabins within 400 yards.

Here is the kicker.....He wants it within 2 hours of Salt Lake City. I'm from Idaho and would love a cabin up by Cascade, McCall, etc, but that is too far. I would also love a cabin up in Island Park, Henry's Lake, Swan Valley, Driggs, but again, that is too far.

So tell me, where is the "perfect cabin spot" here in Utah, or western Wyoming, or Southeastern Idaho. If you could buy up some land and build, where would it be?

Get in line... there are thousands of guys all looking for the same thing and the price is sky rocketing on that kind of ground. Even tiny lots up in some kind of pines or aspens will run you 100-200k for 2-5 acres in some places for just the dirt.

-DallanC

well i know you said no cabins to close, i used to say that too but i just got done framing a cabin up in oakley up weber canyon in aspen acres and it changed my mind. mainly because its only 45 min away from salt lake and its an awesome place. you got rockport, echo, jordanelle, all within 20-25 min. strawberry dont know exactly but 35 min or so smith and morehouse within 5 min. a great place to ride fourwheelers around there, snowmobiling is awesome. and a half acre lot up there is $55,000 thats with the water already ran to it. great hunting, fishing, and boating and i would love to live there if i was older and had the funds

When and if I am able, I am going to probably build a cabin in Swan Valley (Idaho). It meets all my requirements: Fishing at Palisades, elk and deer hunting, fly fishing on the Snake River, great views and mountain setting....

I love the swan valley area, it is one of the most beautiful places on earth in my opinion. That would be very high on my list, no question. Fact is, however, it is just too far for my father in law.

He also likes the area up above Kamas/Oakley, in fact, he offered on a cabin up there back in the summer.

Does anybody know of any good land for sale up around Woodruff, on the Monte?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom