Best place to live

squirtdog

I will be retiring in the next three years and am looking to move to Idaho. Any thoughts on where the place to go too? Would like hunting and fishing in a reasonable distance. Thanks

Around the twin falls area, you cant go wrong. You are less than 1 1/2 away from boise, sun valley, pocatello, and jackpot nevada, and very deer, elk, upland game bird in between. Fishing you have Hagerman valley, snake river,big wood river, magic reservoir,silver creek to name a few. If you do come to the area dont bring anyone else we have to many as it. Good luck in your search.

I would say Mountain Home. Jackpot ain't nothin special. If I were going to move somewhere to hunt I would look for a state without wolves. Ron

Do you want a bigger town or smaller town? I live in Idaho Falls but I lived in twin for 6 years in my wilder crazy days, both are great.For a small town, I would move in a flash to Mackay or Salmon if I could make a living!!! But its all great. good luck.

Depends on what you're looking for. Most of Idaho has good fishing of various kinds. The deer hunting is not near as good as a lot of other states and the elk herds are being destroyed, but there is some good left in select places. The weather in and around Boise is very mild in the winter but very hot in summer. Twin Falls area does have better upland bird hunting with good access than most of the other parts. Eastern Idaho probably has better trout fishing than the other areas, especially if you like fly fishing, but winters are a little long and can be hard. Twin Falls weather is kind of a cross between Boise and Eastern part. However, the wind blows quite a bit in Twin Falls and Eastern Idaho. Probably because Utah and Wyoming sucks, just joking!

Northern Idaho would be a good place. The winters are usually milder in the valleys, and summers don't get as hot as Boise. Wind isn't real bad, lots of good fishing and the hunting is as good as any place else in the state. Plus you're fairly close to steelhead fishing. Good luck.

If your ret. from the military Mountain Home is good for access to the base, if not I still like the area. North Idaho would be my choice

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-08 AT 10:18PM (MST)[p]They are all lying to you. There is nothing to hunt there. There is absolutly no fish there. Make sure you tell everyone you know. If I were you I would go to CO ;-).

Rex
USAF Retired

idaho used to be a good place,to many people moved here and literally screwed the state up by wanting change (like where they used to live )no we have wolves ,bunnyhuggers and soon thanx to the new idaho fish & game we will have grizzly bears . simply disgusting

Don't forget lynx. Maybe if they have some luck cloning wooly mammoths we can get some of them too. Ron

We already have gizzy bears, we already had wolves, the numbers were in check though. Not anymore. But now, we have declining elk, deer, antelope numbers. Were protecting the wrong animals.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom