BEST RANGE-FINDING BINO'S???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Wondering Which Long Range-Finding Bino's You Guy's Might Have Experience with?

Pro's?

Con's?

Leica?

Swarovski?

Zeiss?

Which ones have have the Inclination built in to them?

Longest Range Finding?

Thanks!

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

Hard to beat the Swaro's. Have angle compensation built in that works very good. Ideal conditions up to 1300 yds. Pretty much bulletproof to 1000. I've had them since they came out so do my 3-sons. No issues to date. Little pricey but you get what you pay for in my world.

ive been wondering the same thing. i have a few friends that have the leicas and they are phenomenal, but leicas warranty process has a lot of issues. costumer service isnt great. the swarovski EL range are awesome and in my opinion are more clear than the leicas, with a pretty close range distance. swaros have a better warranty process but the price is pretty steap. ive only played with the zeiss once a long time ago when they first came out, but we were able to range out past 1500yds mid day with bad heat rays. ive seen the leicas hit 2300 yards and i have ranged 1500 with the EL range in a parking lot mid day. what are you running Elkass?
right now my thought is if i cant get a range its too far with my old leupold RX4. If i get a range i try to get as close as possible.

"Shoot Straight"

>Hard to beat the Swaro's. Have
>angle compensation built in that
>works very good. Ideal conditions
>up to 1300 yds. Pretty
>much bulletproof to 1000. I've
>had them since they came
>out so do my 3-sons.
>No issues to date. Little
>pricey but you get what
>you pay for in my
>world.
+1

For archery (STICKFLIPPERS) I have had no issues with my Leica Geovid BRF's with angle compensation. Easy to use and ranges all the way down to 16 yards.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Hey Bessy I have the old Leica's non HD they have never been in for repair. I have changed out several batteries. I would have to find my old receipt see how long I have had them. I am think 5 years plus. I was going to buy the New Leica HD-B when they came out. But I heard they where rounding off at yardages past 600. Can't have that. So I bought a G 7 range finder. If your looking for a long range computer. I think it is the one of the best out there for hunters. I have a few guns down loaded on it.
I hear they have figured out the problem with the Leica Geovid HD-B. You can change into a different mode and it will give the correct moa . You do have to have a different sd card for each rifle. For long range hunting I like these.
My neighbors has the Swaro's range finders and they are really clear. I hear they are not as clear as the non range finding bino's they sell. But they are nice. But if your looking for a unit that does it all for you elevation, barometric pressure and calculate bullet drop? I am thinking you want the HD-B or a G 7 from Gunwerks. Am I think right ? Is this what you are looking for ?

I have a Leica Geovid HD-B 10x42. I debated a long time between these and the Swaros. I've had a pair of Swaro SLC 10x42s for 15 years, so I'm spoiled by the Swaro clarity, and in my opinion the Swaro is a little more crisp than the Leica. However, the minimum range for the equivalent Swaro was 50 yards, while the minimum range for my Leicas is 15 yards. If you plan to use them for archery and don't want to be switching back and forth with a short-range range finder while in the heat of battle, that to me is a significant difference. That's what eventually pushed over to the Leicas. In the last couple years I've also been able to range elk out to 2,200 yards. I guess the only use in knowing that is that it tells me how far I need to walk to get to 'em. They've also been useful at the rifle range, but I really haven't had a chance to try them on a rifle hunt yet.

I have owned and used the Leica Geovid HD-B 10x42 since they came out and before that the standard Geovid 10x42. I absolutely love them. They are crystal clear, durable, and very dependable.In contrast to others, I have long felt the Leicas are slightly clearer than Swarovskis, but honestly you are splitting hairs. I have owned and currently own swarovski glass, however, in fairness I have no experience with their range-finding binos. My guess is they are pretty solid binos. Leica has stepped up their warranty and customer service over the last 5 years. I've never had any issues with them.

I own the Leica Geovid HD-B.
Loaded all my ballistics in to the website and downloaded them on to the chip.
First time I went to the long distance range it felt like cheating.
For what ever it's worth, my eyes seem to like the Swarovski glass just slightly, although I have never played with their rangefinding binocular.

Well!

1600.00 Ain't gonna do it!

Neither is 1800.00!

Should I Offer Him 2K?

way with Words[/font]

I have the Leica HD-R Geovid 10x42 binoculars. They are perfect for the hunting I like to do. The only trouble was the purchase experience from EuroOptics. That sucked.

just sayin...mh

>Does anyone have any experience with
>the Zeiss combo?Daughter works for
>them and gets a really
>good discount.

I have used the Zeiss model. It was quite amazing. I was getting ranges out to 6000 yds. Granted they were big reflective targets but they will range farther than you can shoot.

The min distance for range finding in the Sawro's is actually 33 yards. Max is stated at 1500 but easy to get targets at around 2000. I saw the Outdoorsman post "something big coming Oct 1 from Swarovski" best customer service in the business and should weigh heavy on the decision. Clarity and resolution unmatched.

RE: BEST RANGE-FINDING BINO'S??

Hell Bessy, wouldn't it be better to buy the new pair @ Cabelas for $250 more as to spend $2k on used ones, or are these new, almost new?
You, preparing for that SJ tag you'll be drawing this coming year?

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

>Hell Bessy, wouldn't it be better
>to buy the new pair
>@ Cabelas for $250 more
>as to spend $2k on
>used ones, or are these
>new, almost new?
>You, preparing for that SJ tag
>you'll be drawing this coming
>year?
>
>Joe
>
where do you see new EL ranges for $2250 Joe??

CtmQb2IVIAA94LJ.jpg

>>Hell Bessy, wouldn't it be better
>>to buy the new pair
>>@ Cabelas for $250 more
>>as to spend $2k on
>>used ones, or are these
>>new, almost new?
>>You, preparing for that SJ tag
>>you'll be drawing this coming
>>year?
>>
>>Joe
>>
>where do you see new EL
>ranges for $2250 Joe??
>
>
>
CtmQb2IVIAA94LJ.jpg

Cabelas has them on sale for 2249.00

Homer are these the same?

Bargain Cave Optics Rangefinders Leica Geovid HD-B 10x42 Rangefinding Binoculars You are Here: Item Added to Cart
Item Added to Cart Back to Previous Page

Leica Geovid HD-B 10x42 Rangefinding Binoculars at Cabela
Quantity:1
Price:
Reg:$3,249.00
Sale:$2,249.00 each
Availability:In StockLeica Geovid HD-B 10x42 Rangefinding Binoculars
Item number: IK - 713985
MODEL:10X42 GEOVID HD-B
View All Restrictions That May Apply

Thanks Joe

-Joe E Sikora

>Homer are these the same?
>
>
>
>Bargain Cave Optics Rangefinders Leica Geovid
>HD-B 10x42 Rangefinding Binoculars You
>are Here: Item Added to
>Cart
>Item Added to Cart Back
>to Previous Page
>
>Leica Geovid HD-B 10x42 Rangefinding Binoculars
>at Cabela
>Quantity:1
>Price:
>Reg:$3,249.00
>Sale:$2,249.00 each
>Availability:In StockLeica Geovid HD-B 10x42 Rangefinding
>Binoculars
>Item number: IK - 713985
>MODEL:10X42 GEOVID HD-B
>View All Restrictions That May Apply
>
>
>Thanks Joe
>
>
>
>"Sometimes you do things wrong for
>so long you
>think their right" - 2001
>"I can't argue with honesty" -
>2005
>-Joe E Sikora
Joe,

I had "swarovski" stuck in my head....I see what you are talking about.

CtmQb2IVIAA94LJ.jpg

I have the swaro el range and really like them. with that said, for bow hunting i still carry a small range finder I can operate with right hand as my left is holding a bow.

Hell Homer, I'm going to wait a few days maybe get them for less then a thousand!
Thanks for posting Homer!
Bessy you handsome devil what have you been up to lately? I'm still trying to talk the wife into coming out for The Expo this coming year!

Your buddy
Joe

-Joe E Sikora

>Hell Homer, I'm going to wait
>a few days maybe get
>them for less then a
>thousand!
>Thanks for posting Homer!
>Bessy you handsome devil what have
>you been up to lately?
>I'm still trying to talk
>the wife into coming out
>for The Expo this coming
>year!
>
>Your buddy
>Joe
>
>
>"Sometimes you do things wrong for
>so long you
>think their right" - 2001
>"I can't argue with honesty" -
>2005
>-Joe E Sikora

Howdy Joe!

Just Got Back From a PISSCUTTIN Trip with the SmokePole!

way with Words[/font]

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-16 AT 09:30PM (MST)[p]hey bess....how many plugged shitters is $1999???....

and...nice buck

CtmQb2IVIAA94LJ.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-16
>AT 09:30?PM (MST)

>
>hey bess....how many plugged shitters is
>$1999???....
>
>and...nice buck
>
>
CtmQb2IVIAA94LJ.jpg