Best Rifle Case for traveling

T264

I need some quick opinions on what the absolute best scoped rifle case would be for durability, function, etc with airline travel in minde. I have a big , bulky double scoped aluminum case but would really like to find a single scoped case of better quality. Opinions requested

T264

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-12 AT 10:34AM (MST)[p]SKB's they dont get scratched and dinged up like those aluminum cases .They come with wheels and a handle so you can roll them threw a airport. They have a double case that is about the same size as a single. Just a little thicker.

I had a guy tell me about Kalispel? I like the looks of the SKB. I also had a buddy back in the 90's that had a big emergency orange colored single rifle case that seemed indestructable, but do not remember the brand. I do remember they made camera cases as well that were waterproof.

Thanks

T264

Pelican cases are the standard for professional shooters and even military operators. Essentially identical to the Browning travel vault.
I travel to hunt a lot, and have maybe 10 travel cases. These include a Tuffpack, Kalispell, SKB, Browning travel vault, Pelican case, and a few other off brands. I use the Pelican for my own guns when traveling by air. Occasionally I will use the Tuff Pack for wilderness type hunts where the case will be with me out in the weather. I've used all the above mentioned cases with good results, but the Pelican is the best value and best protection you can buy.
Bill

I have a brand new pelican case I will sell if you are interested? PM me if interested!

Pelican. I've had mine for 6 season with 8 different hunts I've flown. Never had an issue with my gun damaged or the scope getting knocked off zero. Well worth the money.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom