best round for .300 WSM Browning Mountain TI

robinsg61le

Hi MM gang,

I'm looking for an extremely accurate custom round for my browning .300 WSM Mountain TI. I'm open to different grained bullets, but I would like to stay in the 3200+ FPS range.

I have been shooting the barnes triple shock tipped (3500 FPS) and really like this round, but it's very expensive and 1" MOA is about the best it'll do for me. I like to shoot .5" MOA or better.

I am set up to reload so I can make any round that someone might suggest. Any help would be appreciated.

Guess you're gonna have to play with it!

Elk & Deer don't care if you're a 1/2" off!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

If looking to get that kind of velocity, i'd cap off a healthy dose of Reloader 17 with some 165 gr nosler accubonds. My bud hunts a similar load he built up for his 300WSM Kimber and it is not only plenty "hot", it shoots itty bitty groups!

Joey

My A-Bolt 300 wsm likes 150 gr accubonds over RL19. Though accuracy was best with a quantity of powder that gave me roughly 3125 if I remember correctly. Absolute punishment on mule deer!

168 TSX or TTSX with H4350 is a good combination. I use this load for everything. You can practice with 168 A-Max. Velocity with this load is 3075 fps.

I'd look for an accurate load with decent velocity at sane pressures. RE-17 may give you a bit more velocity with good accuracy. I've used it with 180 AB's

300wsm_168tsx002.jpg

168 TSX or TTSX with H4350 is a good combination. I will use this load for everything. Use 168 A-Max for practice (work up a seperate load for these)

The velocity with this load is 3075 fps in my M70 w/24" barrel.

You might try RE-17 for a bit more velocity. I've used this with 180 AB's

300wsm_168tsx002.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom